Chapter 60: Out of Control

Lloyd's P.O.V.

Paty made clear she won't forgive Sensei Wu easily. She avoids him completely, she refuses to talk to him, touch him, look at him, or even share a room. She simply walks out of the room, or when he "prohibits her to cross the door" she just frowns and poofs to somewhere else.

— But she never crossed the door —Jay giggles nervously.

Paty's glitches returned, and they're gradually getting worse. And the only reason why she tell us is because a promise she made to Jay of being honest. And like she said herself, "there's no point of telling just Jay, if he'll come and tell you all anyways". And she's way more dependent of Jay than usual, she barely let's go off him. She's more 'touchy' with him if I can call it a way. She cuddles more, and kisses him more.

Not that I see Jay complaining.

But probably because he's too busy keeping his girlfriend smiling, since Paty's glitches are caused by an emotional instability, he counteracts the negative emotions with a positive attitude. Jay started to stay wake up in the night to stargaze and... I caught him crying last night, but I've been keeping my mouth shut since I promised to keep our conversation between just the 2 of us.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a loud crash against the wall of our room. Erika woke up so abruptly that she made our lamp like a fishing rod and the dresser into a giant teddy bear.

— What the hell was that?! —she yelped as she focused to make the illusions disappear.

— Well, judging for our turned on light bulb, I'd say Jay is running through the hallways—I replied.

I saw the lights from the hallway turning on and distant steps from the blue boy. I'd say he's not turning them on on purpose. So a sugar high side effect would be dismissed.

— It probably means his powers are overpowering his willpower—I said.

— What a powerful sentence—Erika chuckled at me— maybe Power got him mad.— Shut up, Brooks.She smiled mischivieously. I sighed and smiled back.— I'll go to check up on the bluejay—I said.— I'll wait you here.

I fixed my hair, grabbed a jacket and walked through the hall turning off the lights Jay turned on. I couldn't help but chuckle as I turned them off, my like his the guy holding the power, lightning is disobedient and unpredictable. Kai has burned himself a few times, Cole wakes up pretty dirty after he has a nightmare, Zane once had to stay an hour on bed as he warmed up he's system a bit, well, and so on.

But Jay's powers are constantly affect him, since the very beginning, he wakes up in the middle of the night because he shocked himself. And he constantly gets the systems of the whole Bounty go nuts. Once he made a toaster explode when Paty surprised him with a kiss in front of the whole crew. And when someone teases him his hair puffs like a mini afro. I think that's another thing Paty and Jay can find relatable. Her powers are pretty unstable as well.

Once I found myself on the Bounty's deck I found Jay sitting on the dragon's head, hugging his knees. As I got closer I noticed he was shivering. The night wasn't cold enough to make someone shiver, besides, like usually, he was wearing a cozy pijama. Cold wasn't the problem.

— Jay?—I said.

He jerked so violently the he almost fell off the Bounty. His eyes were wide open, obviously not expecting a visitor. But what caught me off guard was his red eyes and tears. I know he's a sensitive guy, and usually open to his feelings, but it's still surprising to see the happiest ninja, so broken.

— Buddy? Are you alright?—I asked.

Probably the dumbest questiong possible, since he was obviously crying.