Chapter 61: Becoming Wild

Zane's P.O.V.

Jay practically poofed and stormed towards his room. The sight was heart-shattering. Paty was pale, sweaty and she kept convulsing on the bed. She was wearing blue shorts and a sleeveless t a  Sensei Wu and Sensei Garmadon were doing their best to heal her.

— She has fever —Sensei Wu said— but she refuses to take medicine.

— W-what for? So you can send me to die again? —Paty muttered.

— She won't listen to me —Sensei Wu groaned.

— It wouldn't work anyways, it's a glitch —Jay and Justin declared at unison.

Jay kneeled next to Paty and held her hand. She was shivering and she had her eyes shut. It was obvious she was scared. As a nindroid, I should be the one that knows what it is like to have a glitch, but I don't. I've just malfunctioned twice in my life, and all it did was make me feel numb and dazed. Hers are excruciating, she agonizes until her body goes unstable and looses her physical shape.

Loose physical shape... My battle against the Overlord... He... destroyed my body. Oh...

— Jay, it's not a glitch—Paty said, breathing heavily.

— What?! Then what is it?!

— It's her, it's her... she's getting stronger. I c-can't... she's- UGH! MAKE HER STOP!—Paty cried.

Her? Who is she talking about?

I turned to the others, to see if I could extract some information from them, judging by their reactions. But apperanty they were as clueless as I am. Except for Jay.

— Paty! She's not real! It was just a nightmare! Dang it, it's affecting her mind already—Jay cursed.

— IT'S NOT! She's real! —Paty hissed in pain— And a real pain in the a- ACK!

Paty's convulsions got worse, she was pale and she was sweating. She clenched her fist, squeezing Jay's hand, making him whimper due to the pain. He slipped his hand free from his girlfriend's grip. Paty's convulsing got morifyingly stronger. Even P.I.X.A.L. got frightnened by Paty's suffering, she hide behind my arm, squeezing my arm.

It seemed like Paty could poof any moment now... Then, her body froze, she stopped moving. Not even her chest was moving. Jay was about to panic when P.I.X.A.L. scanned Paty.

— She's still breathing, her body's stable, yet evidently there's something else going on. She should be awake—P.I.X.A.L. stated.

— Baby, are you okay?—Jay whispered softly— C'mon Paty.

Her eyes open wide, but her iris color wasn't the usual. It wasn't green, or red, not even purple. They were a bright amber color. I saw myself reflected on them, and those eyes awoken several emotions that I'm not use to. I felft anxious, violent, powerful, reckless, rushed; long story short, I felt wild, a complete savage. Possessed by the most basic instincts in human kind. Which is curious since I'm not a human.

— P-Paty? —Jay asked.

Paty frowned, and growled. Literally growled, like a wolf. She stood up and clenched her fists. Her movements were primitive yet flexible, she moved from side to side watching our movements carefully.

Jay walked slowly towards her, trying to look brave, but I could sense his anxiety levels- how does Paty say? Oh, yes, "high as a kite".

— Paty?—Jay asked softly.

Paty growled again, and attacked Jay. She scratched his face making him cover his face and groan in pain, as soon as she did, panic invaded her. She turned pale, her left eye recovered its usual light green color and both got filled with tears. She looked at her hands and she hid them.