Chapter 18: I'm a monster

Paty's P.O.V.

— What are you gonna do?—Cole asked.

— Give them a proper funeral I think...—I replied.

I used my magic to carry them out. And I walked at least a kilometer away from the prision, the team followed me. Cole helped me and made a whole on the ground. I let the corpses of my family, and Cole placed a new layer of dust on the top of them. The rest went for some flowers while Cole and I bury my parents and sister. The girls brought tons of roses, and the guys had margarets and blue hydrangeas. They placed them all making a big heart. They hugged me, thinking that would make me feel better.

We made our way back to the Monastery in silence, the first 15 minutes. I feel really calm for someone who just saw how her whole family was murdered, and buired their zombie bodies. Now, I know that I'm devided because of my family. In the part of me that suffers because of it, and would love to get payback, avenge them, and bring them back. And the new part of me that enjoyed seeing them dead, the part of the Overlord that is and always will be stuck in m soul; the part that I'll always hate of myself.

— How are you doing?—Sensei Wu asked.

— I don't know—I said— I mean, I don't know how to feel about all this.

— It must be tough, see how your whole family was murdered slowly—Cole said.

— See how they're taken away from you—Zane said.

— Not seeing them again...—Skylor said.

This IS NOT helping. Weird, they're never like this...

— Guys I'm okay, please just stop —I choked out.

— Are you sure that you're alr-? —Jay began.

— Yes! Please don't make this harder! I just... I just... —my eyes got locked with Sensei Wu's eyes.

By only eye contact, he said "tell them the truth". I was loosing control of me. I don't know what to do, what to say, or how to feel. I fell on my knees, squeezing the grass beneath me. Fighting the tears with all I could.

— I- I n-ne-need t-to t-tell you s-s-something —I said, forcing the words out.

— What is it? Are you alright? —Erika asked.

— No —I said, being fully honest for the first time since I came back.

— What was wrong are you wounded? —Zai asked.

— No, I haven't been honest with you... That's what is wrong. I never told you the whole story, always hiding things from you. Hiding things to my f-family was what killed them. I w-won't let that happen again.

— What are you talking about? —Morro asked.

— M-my soul was teared apart when I destroyed the Overlord's. When I chose to return, I had to pay a really high price.

— Y-you're talking crazy —Kai said, with a shaky voice.

— Now, I have to live with my curse, the Overlord is stuck in my soul. He will never leave me alone. Now, he is a part of me, his thoughts, his desire of conquering the world. Are part of me too. I keep fighting him, it will never end.

— C-come on, t-this joke i-isn't f-f-funny —Lloyd said.

— It's true. I'm still fighting the ultimate battle in my insides. Trying to prevent his soul overrides mine,. B-but, I got the best weapon, I'm now made of my best weapon.