Chapter 44: Ready for Hell

Jay's P.O.V.

— Someone must embrace the Curse of the Darkness—Paty said, as a tear ran down her cheek— And it is my turn.

— So that's what you meant —Steph said.

— What are you talking about?—Justin asked.

— She said "In other to be free, my soul must be incomplete", I didn't understand it at first. But now it makes sense. The Overlord is... a part of you now, isn't he?

Paty nodded, as a few tears escaped her eyes. I hugged her, and got us on our knees. She was really tense, but after a few seconds, she calmed down. My arms were sore, the hug I gave her was like squeezing a flame. I got burned, literally. Yet, I don't regret anything.

— You smell like a roasted chicken, or should I say... roasted blujay —Paty whispered on my ear.

I chuckled.

— Shut up —I said between laughs.

— But you CAN get rid of him—Zai said—with the spell of the Ancient Master...

— ...the spell is meant to devide your souls. So you could get rid of him—Potato said.

— But, how will you destroy his fragment of your soul?—Mirayo asked.

— ... I can't —she said.

— Then what's the point? —Kai asked.

— Wait, you don't mean...? Are you asking us to...? Really?—Lloyd asked.

— I wouldn't if I didn't see it as the best option—Paty said.

— Well it does mean erradicating the greatest evil in the world, and setting your soul free—Lloyd continued— Count me in.

— What the heck are you guys talking about?—Morro asked.

— We're getting on her soul to destroy the Overlord—Lloyd said.

— Sure —everyone said.

— Of course—I said.

Paty stared at us, with teary eyes and a weak smile.

— Thank you—Paty whispered.

— Yeah you hear that bastard! You're getting out my tiny's soul!—Cole said.

Paty covered a big amused smile with her hand.

— He can hear us?—Justin asked, slightly concerned.

— I don't know, but that pendejo is going down! —Erika said.

— He's going down for reaaaal—Lloyd said.

— Let's go to the Enchanted Realm then—Mirayo said.

— ...I don't want to sleep alone again...—Potato said sadly.

— We could take the Bounty there—Steph said.

— THE WHOLE SHIP?!—I asked— But it is too big!

— That's why she said—Paty muttered.

— Ouch! She got you there—Cole chuckled. 

— It needs too much energy to open a portal of that MAGNITUDE—I corrected myself.

— I know someone who has the skill and knows the Realm Crystal good enough to do it—Potato said.

We all stared at Morro.

— Me?

— No, your evil twin —Stephanie said sarcastically.

— Robyn is right, Morro. You studied the Realm Crystal enough to figure out how to open a portal like that—Sensei Wu said.