Chapter 20: Betray of a Friend, Help of an Enemy

Paty's P.O.V.

Potato keeps acting weird since we devided. She is awkward when I try to make a conversation, and she seems angry which is unusual coming from her. Has she figured out what I really am? They know I'm a creature of magic, but what I REALLY am... They can't know.

— Hey potato, what is bothering you?—I finally asked.

— What?! Nothing is bothering me —she blushed.

— Oh... It's about Morro—I concluded, and she turned even redder.

— No! It's nothing!—she lied.

— What's wrong with him?—I asked.

It kee going for a few minutes, until she realized that I wasn't going to leave her alone until she told me. So she sighed in defeat.

— It's not fair he went with Erika—she sighed.

I couldn't help but laughing.

— Are you jealous of Erika?!—I laughed— Oh my gosh! Sweetie, Morro loves you, with all of his being. Sure E and him knew each other, and he possessed me. But there is NO reason to feel jealous. Erika have 0 interest on him... in that way.

— And you, you saved him from vanishing. You did it because you liked him?—Robyn asked.

— No, well yes and no—I confessed— I don't like him, like him. Not like you do. Yet, when he was on my mind... literally. Despite he beated the shit out of me... I felt his fear, his anger, and his desperation. I felt something else inside of him. I can't explain what it was like... but something in my heart, told me he wasn't bad. That's why I knew he was worth living, even though he didn't felt the same—I said.

— That doesn't make any sense—Potato said pissed off.

— I guess not. What I'm trying to say... I like him, but as a brother, as a friend. And even if I liked him liked him... I wouldn't be lucky, because he is head over heels for you—I smiled. Her face changed from mad, to her usual sweet and joyfull expression.

— You think so?—Potato said, with a sparkle of hope on her eyes.

— I'm 1000% sure —I chuckled. Now she was blushing again.

— How sweet—Ronin voice said from behind us.

— Brother?!—Robyn asked.

— Now, I hate to do this, but I'm going to capture you both. Police is looking for you, you know?—Ronin smirked.

— WHAT?!—Potato gasped— B-but you're gonna give us away?

— I'm sorry sis, you know me. It's a job—Ronin shrugged.

— You give away your family and friends for money—I said— How sick you are?

— I'm getting a lot of money for you all—he smirked.

— Then you won't get us—I said.

I grabbed Potato by her arms and flew away. Ronin used some weird mechanic wings to follow us. Shooting some weird looking blue thing, I dodge them as I could, but I was getting tired. Robyn noticed and gave me a re-charge.

— Thanks buddy—I said, she didn't reply, she was crying— Hey don't cry, c'mon we still can run. His wings aren't as fast as me.

Robyn squeezed my arm, and kicked me in the stomach 3 times. I couldn't help myself and let her fall in the third. I tried to catch her again, but Ronin was faster. She hugged him. She surrendered?

— Now it's only you angel—Ronin yelled— Give up already!

— Give up this—I yelled raising my middle fingers, before turning around to fly.