Chapter 57: Falling

Mirayo's P.O.V.

Appearantly Paty spent the last months with nightmares of the past... misfortunes of the ninjas before they met. And last night, the Overlord let her a not so pleasant message. The winged girl was staring at the ground as the rest bombed her with questions and Jay hugged her. I just looked at the scene. Trying to figure out what to do or say. If I talk too, she'd get more uncomfortable. It's not like she asked for any of this.

What are we supposed to do with such a threat? An enemy who can control a friend... 

Apperantly the only way to get rid of the host. That is NOT an option. Then again... how's Sensei Garmadon alive? Wasn't he a host too? What happened then?

----------------------------------

Pause so you readers can scream in realization    :3

*comercial break music plays*

Okay, let's continue.

---------------------------------

Nya walked in the room. Announcing that we were crossing the ocean towards the Dark Island. Yeah, we decided to go to investigate, Sensei Garmadon got possessed there, maybe we can find some answers on the Overlord's last prision.

As soon as Paty heard the word ocean, her eyes got a sparkle of happy insanity, and she stormed out of the room, in the blink of an eye she was already on the deck, staring at the water letting the wind mess her hair. Man, I get she likes water because of her element, but I never get to see her running so fast. 

The others remained on the dinning room, discussing what to do with the whole thing. While I decided to go with Paty. She was so focused on her reflection on the water, that she didn't notice me when I stood next to her.

— It's beautiful, isn't it Mirayo? —she asked. Well, maybe she did.

— What? Your reflection? —I asked.

— What? Pffft, no. I wish. I meant the water —she said with a nostalgic smile.

— Why do you say that? 

— The ocean is a source of power for me, and yeah, that's pretty cool. But imagine what it means for them —she said.

— For who?

Instead of answering, Paty pointed to the horizon. I was about to comment that there was nothing there, when a big whale jumped out of the water. If we had been closer, it would have let us drenched. How did she-?

— The ocean means everything for so many creatures, it's full of so much life, energy and power. But at the same time, if it gets "mad" it can cause so much destruction. It's so complicated, powerful, and magnificent —she said.

— I suppose it is —I sighed.

We stared at the ocean in silence, until Nya yelled orders of all to the control center.

— You know, Nya wanted me to help her seduce Jay a few weeks ago —I said with a mischivieous smile.

Paty gave me a disconcerted look. So I pretty much explained her what happened.

— It was a good while ago, when I had barely joined the crew. 

Flashback (tiane- requested this scene :'P)

— Mirayo —Nya called me.

— Yeah? —I asked, crossing my arms. 

— I want to get Jay back, but first I need to get him away from... her —she said adding extra disgust on the "her".