Chapter 6: Electric Angel

Jay's P.O.V.
It's been 4 months since Paty died. My princess haven't hug me in 4 months. I walked sadly to my room, feeling like the life lost its meaning. And happiness is something of the yesterday. I put my pijama on, and rested on my bed, roll on the bed, trying to fall asleep. I just keep thinking about the kiss she gave me. I can't sleep, I just haven't had a nice sleep since she died, and who know when I'll get some sleep again. I always have beautiful dreams with Paty by my side again, but it always is is interrupted. They're usually like this:

* We can be on a mountain running and laughing, when we both fall of the cliff, I'm hanging on a root of a tree, holding us both. The branch is giving up, it can't hold us both, so she let's go, so I can survive. The last thing she says is her true last words. "Now it's my turn to save you".

* Were in a skating place, when a maniac begans shooting random people. He's going to shoot me , put Paty get's in the middle, and she recieves the shot. Again "now it's my turn to save you".

*On an earthquake, were on a building falling apart. We are about to get out, a safe spot. A big piece of the roof is about to fall on my head. She push me out, and it crushes her "now it's my turn to save you".

So yeah, I don't sleep anymore. I'm tired all day, but I just can't take seeing her dying. I began to play with the gem of Paty's medallion on my fingers, I remember she used to the same when she was nervous or anxious. And when she was thoughtful she got her index finger on her mouth.

The memories made me smile a little. I kissed the gem. And it turn pink, like Paty's cheeks when she blushed. And it began glow, a little light beam that to pointed behind me, I twist it and no matter where I pointed, the light went to the same direction. I stood up, and get out of my room, and the glow acted as some sort of map, or whatever. I let myself lead by the magic medallion. I got in rooms, got in through halls of the Destiny Bounty, until the light turn brighter when we faced a door. I open it and it pointed to a bed.

I sat on it, and the light disappeared, I stared to the room, Paty's room. I wanted to stand up and leave, but the light of the medallion went insane. Like some sort of advertisement that I must stay.

— Why do I even listen to you? —I asked to the gem.

In response it glow again, pointing to my face, I sit up, and stared to the mirror on Paty's room, it was pointing to my lips. I kissed the gem again. And it was more intense. A light glowed again, but this time.... I just couldn't trust my eyes.

— P-Paty? Is it really you? —I asked as my tears began to fall again, she had a white dress, and headband.

She stared at me with a smile and sad eyes. She shook her head no. She pointed to the medallion's gem. I feel hopeless again. I tried to hold her hand, knowing it wasn't going to work. But actually it worked. I could feel her.

— Well what are you? —I asked sadly.

She tried to talk, her lips moved but no sound came out. She covered her mouth, her eyes grew wide open. She tried to talk again, still no sound.

— What's wrong? You can't talk?

She shrugged... She was thoughtful for a second, she pointed to my iPhone.

— What's wrong with my phone? Oh! You're a phone?

She shook her head with a smile. She motioned me to unlock my phone, I put the password and she clapped. Then she motion like pressing the button, and raised 3 fingers. I pressed the button for 3 seconds. It open Siri. She clapped again.

— You're Siri? —I asked, she shook her head— Your name is Siri? —she shook her head— I don't get it.

She raised one finger.

— You're Siri?

She shook her head as a "so-so" code.

— Oh you are LIKE Siri!

She jumped and clapped, cheerfully.

— D-do you have Paty's memories?

She made her "so-so" code again.

— Most of them? —I asked, she nod— Can you prove it?

She brushed her hand against my side. I yelped and squirm away.

— I was expecting a kiss or a hug, not tickling —I frowned, a bright red— Guess you do have her memories.

And she giggled, but like a TV on mute cause she made no sound. She gave me an apologetical smile.

— What else can you do?

She shrugged. I smirked and played a song I knew she loved "Epic by BTR"? she began to dance like she always used to, she seem to be singing along, but no sound came out.

It was weird, but I found Paty's headphones and they were unplugged, but I swore thy were making sound. I put them, and I almost faint, Paty, well, this holo-Paty was singing along. I could hear her.

— I heard you! —I said.

— You did? —she asked.

— Yes! —I said. She gave me an evil smile.

— AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOOOVE YOOOOOOOUUUU!!! —she sang at the top of... the headphones capacity, I'm not sure if she have lungs. But boy it hurt.

— Ow Ow... You cursed all your stuff? —I asked.

— Not that I recall, perhaps I did unitetionally—the holo-Paty said.

— What are you? —I asked.

— I'm an assistant, Paty created me in case something happen to her, if that happened, she would give me to you, and I would be here to protect you... —she said.

— You're gone princess, and you still protect me... —I said, staring to the roof.

— I can't appear always, just one night every 2 months... I'm sorry, without her true potential she just could make me appear in this short period of time... —she apologized.

— I understand... She did what she could... —I said.

She sat on the bed, and made me rest on the pillows and began to pet my hair, and humming an kids lullaby. I can't process all of this.

— But I'm here tonight because I understand you have troubles to sleep... —she smiled.

I squeezed her dress. Rubbing my face against the side of her leg. Anyone who saw me, would call me pathetic, but they have no idea of how much I suffer without her.

— I don't want to sleep! I want to stay with you! I miss you Paty! I miss you!! —I cried.

— I'm not her... But I'm sure she miss you too... —she kissed my forehead, and my eyes got heavy.

I hardly could keep them open. Her touch, the lullaby, the true Paty's smell on her blankets, her soft pillows, the fact I haven't sleep in months. It was too much to fight against. I just heard the holo-Paty saying "good night my electric angel". I'm pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before...