Chapter 14: Doubts

Zane's P.O.V.
Jay and Paty aren't together anymore, not as a couple. We tried to motivate them to kiss yesterday but what they said, was shocking. "We're just friends right now" most impressive, they said it at the said time. They keep saying they will try to be good friends again so maybe one day, be girlfriend and boyfriend again. But if I'm honest, I sense how they're saying that to make us feel better.

Am I dumb in this whole love thing? I thought that when two people loved each other and both knew it, they were always together. But why aren't they together then? I decided to play detective. When I was young, before my sister left. She used to hide her dolls, leaving random clues all over the tree house, so I could "solve the mystery". I'm going to be Zane-lock Holmes. (Omg and I have tons of those, a skeleTON)

I checked on Jay's room first, he was playing video games with Kai so I have plenty time. I checked his room like a true ninja. No one noticed me when I got inside. I checked every inch of the room. Nothing until I checked under Jay's pillow. What I found was rather amusing. A picture of Paty pasted to the pillow with tape. It was hard to don't laugh at that, hard, not impossible. Still I couldn't hide the smile for at least 30 minutes.  Once I took a picture of the pillow with the kisses, I also let a secret camera on Jay's room.

I went to what I could find in Paty's room, again I didn't have any trouble to sneak inside, since like usually, she was training until she passed out, and Cole trying to convince her to take a break. This time I didn't need much time to find something useful for my 'investigation'. Her desk was full of useful information. The elephant Jay told me he gave her on their first date, now, with a blue ribbon on its neck. Then a small notebook with a cover made of quotes in a familiar hand writing. Her diary? I opened it carefully, it was some kind of diary... But with tons of pictures, doodles, and some poems.  scan the notebook until I found a part where she talked about me. That actually distracted me as I began to read it.

Zane is gone. And it's all my fault, I should've done something. Why am I so weak? I'm never good enough, my grandmother was right when she said that'd I was bad, and I would let her down. But this time my stupidity costed a life. My best friend's life. I keep meditating, looking for something that can give me peace, it's useless. The pain is unberable... Zane, why I couldn't protect you... it should've be me. You didn't deserved to die. I did... I'm sorry.

Wow... Sad? Just a little. Okey, keep reading.

Zane is back, I don't know how, but I don't care about anything else than the fact that he is with me, I'm such a dork we end up singing in the roof.

I remember that....

Death... It's been weeks since everything I dream about is death, Ninjago is destroyed, I couldn't protect my friends, Jay... His heart is ripped off his chest every time I fell I asleep. The Overlord will never leave me alone. And now I know why... Our souls are the same. And I'll do what I have to, as long as the team is alright, I don't care of any sacrifice.

That's..... Messed up.

I can't believe I will have to die. I don't want to die yet.... :'( No! I have to be strong, I know perfectly that it is me or the guys, oh yeah... along the rest of Ninjago. I don't feel ready to die... I will never confess, but I'm scared as fuck. Better keep this quiet. If I say something, the guys will tell me to don't do it. And the last thing I meed is to make this anymore difficult. NO! I WON'T GIVE UP! I WON'T QUIT!

What other secrets you keep quiet Paty?..... Why are you never say this stuff to us?

The next note had a chibi image of Jay, smiling.

Jay hates me. Yet, he is right, I did let everyone down. But it was the only way I could guarantee that they'll be safe. I can't believe I did something that let them so sad I... I... BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA  BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA BAKA