Chapter 24: Honesty

Jay's P.O.V.

I'm in charge of protecting the 2 girls my heart is debating about. I have to protect them both, because something inside me tells me he wants something from Paty too. I doubt that he would cut her wings like that just because she protected me. I still don't get why our fusion had wings but now she doesn't, and I also haven't got used to her old wing-less shape. I'm rowing a little boat so we travel with a low profile. Nya insists on letting her take a turn, Paty just asked if she could help too. But I insisted, and I didn't allow them.

— You girls saved me last time, now let me take care of you. Besides, a gentleman would never let a lady row—I said.

Nya kept insisting for a while, Paty just hugged her legs and hide her face on her knees. But just after she muttered "so what? girls aren't defenseless". We all were in silence for a looong while. Until Nya patted Paty's shoulder, who face her emotionless, both girls exchange looks, and both use water power to move the boat, and the impulse made me fell on Paty's lap. She used her free hand to pet my hair, while she closed her eyes and felt the wind blowing through her hair.

When we arrived to our destination, we found the little robot that once burned my hand with hot tea. This time it helped to pack again our provitions. We have enough food for a week, but Paty said that if she doesn't eat it would last at least 3. I wanted to argue, but she I remembered the days in prision, she doesn't need food, well, perhaps she does, but can stand a long time without it.

People of her realm are so cool... What was I saying? Oh right!

...Food for 3 weeks. Change of clothes, the tiger widow poison, and a teapot filled with travelers tea, but just as a last resort. 

Later Nya and I began to exchange ideas of what I should wish. Paty is mute, she had been like this before, so she must be really emotionally and physically wounded, like the last time. She jumped out of the window, and I saw her climbing to the roof. But when I tried to follow her...

— Let her go, you stay with me—Nya said, placing a hand on my chest.

— But she... she shouldn't be alone either—I said.

I gave up, and nodded, Nya kept making stupid and ridiculous suggestions. That didn't just went against the rules, but by themselves were ridiculous. For example, resurect the devourer, how could we stop it, even if it worked? I'm 1,000% sure now, she is awful making wishes.

— Remember the rules, you can't wish to harm, can't wish for more wishes, and you can't wish for...—as I was going to say the last one, the heat invaded my cheeks harder than Lloyd when he on a kiss he took E's candy— Love. Which is how I got us into this mess.

I was actually opening my heart to Nya once again. When she began trying to get me out of my thoughts.

— Jay! Did you hear that? I don't think we're alone—she said— We're not the only ones here!

The little hand-burner robot was focusing it's attention to something in the stairs. When we tried to see what or who it was... there was actually nothing there, yet Nya insisted that there was. Actually I think I saw something moving.

— You mean I've been exposing my inner-most feelings infront a complete stranger?! I feel so violated! —I protested, severly embarrassed that someone else heard me.

— WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!

Paty appeared as soon as the word "violated" abandoned my lips. She was ready to fight. I felt scared, flattered, embarrassed, and happy. Some weird mixture of feelings, she was scary, yet caring... but she heard EVERYTHING I said... Oh gosh...