Chapter 23: Fifteen Minutes

Start from the beginning

"Well let me tell you this. It's not. Going back to the place you ran away from isn't going to make things better. All you can do is move forward. There's no going back."

He then grinned, "Besides, even if you did go back Phantom would still try to kill us."

Tears filled her eyes as she tried her hardest to hold them back. But what he said next made her efforts all for naught.

"Lucy. No matter where you go you're family. And nothing is going to change that. So don't expect us to go away anytime soon."

Lucy then stood up and hugged the taller while sobbing. Her tears gracefully fell as their friends watched the heartwarming scene. Elfman tried his hardest not to cry and sniffed. He awkwardly patted her back before she finally pulled away and wiped her tears. He heard Mira and Cana's conversation and listened.

"We could really use you about now. Fairy Tail is in danger," Mira begged.

The blonde man in the crystal ball laughed, "Man! Makarov is freaking pathetic! I don't see how this is remotely my problem."

(M/N) walked toward the two girls and told his friends he'd be back. The aura he emitted made everyone nearby quiver in fear.

"You're big girls. So deal with it yourselves."

"So you're not gonna help us?" Cana yelled.

"Course not. Why would I? That senile old tote(?) started this. Why do I have to be the one to clean up his mess?"

"Please Laxus. Phantom is trying to kidnap Lucy."

"Who? Do I even know her? Oh wait. Is it that new girl? Alright fine. I'll tell you what. If you could talk (M/N) into being my man, I'll do anything he wants."

"Or you could try to do it yourself?"

The male and females turned to the voice. The lucky wizard had his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

"Oh (M/N). I've missed you quite a bit. It's funny cause I don't miss anyone else. Not even the old man."

"Get to the point already."

"You were the type who never danced around the subject. But that's what I like about you. But anyway. Just as I said, I'll do anything you want if you become my man."

"You are such a pig!" Cana yelled.

"Are you sure you wanna talk that way to a guy you're begging to help ya?"

"(M/N) talk some sense into this guy!"

"(M/N). We need him now more than ever. Please."

"So? What do you say? They're really desperate you know."

The two women watched as anticipation as the man remained silent. The blonde man had a hand under his chin and smirked awaiting an answer. Everything had gone silent as the (S/C) wizard mouthed his answer. Mira and Cana's eyes went wide as Laxus's grin grew before the man's image had faded into the crystal ball. The white haired woman then cried as the brown haired woman comforted her. The man only watched before the ground shook.

"Outside!" Alzack warned. Everyone ran out of the building only to witness a building walking toward the city. But it wasn't any city. It was actually Phantom's guild hall walking toward the city. Their eyes were wide and were beyond shocked that they would go to extreme lengths just to attack them and kidnap the celestial wizard. A door had slid open only to reveal a cannon that had extended. It produced a magic type thing as the redhead warned everyone to get out of the way.