LTBB 2: Chapter Eight

Start from the beginning

The Batman Wing?

"Ha, nice try. I'm not going on that death hole." I shrug. If I remember clearly, the Batman Wing was the ride that almost made me get killed inside, literally.

[Flashback]

Out of no where, Zach picks me up from my legs. My upper body in contact with his back and him holding my legs at the front of his chest.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I gasp, Zach ignores and keeps running further into the carnival.

"You and me. We're going on the rides." He places me down before he points to high towered architecture. It's one of those rides where it takes you all the way up and drops you down by surprise.

"No way in hell am I going on that." I protest, crossing my arms.

"Hey, that's chickening out." he points, "You can't do that... or else I'll win the bet."

Me huffing out, "Fine, I'll go. But I'll regret it."

We wait in line for almost five minutes before buckling up on a seat. The ride slowly lifting up all the way to the top. We were 210 feet in the air; I was shaking by the height and cold breeze that drifted across.

"Hold on tight." the instructor says through the microphone, "This ride will drop down in five..."

"Z-Zach..." My voice is shaky.

"Four..."

"OH MY GOD."

"Three..."

"No, no, no!"

"Two..."

"ZACH, I DON'T WANT TO DIE."

"One!"

"Shit!" the chair drops down faster than anything I could ever imagine. My butt lifting from the seat as we went down, but luckily my belt was on tight. I was screaming the whole way, I bet everyone was looking at me.

"Thank you, folks for coming on the Batman Wing. Hope you all enjoyed. You may now unfasten your seat belts and head to the exit."

It's like I've forgotten how to walk after that ride. I am never going on that again.

[Flashback Ends]

Yet here I am, lining up for the Batman Wing like Zach and I did one year ago. The line was long and the breeze quickly picked up. I look around the carnival to see men holding their girlfriend under their arms, or cuddling to keep them warm.

I frown.

"I know what you're looking at." Zach says smiling at me, I look at him in curiousness.

How the hell does this boy know everything?

I instantly smile as both of his arms wrap around my waistline, pulling me in close to his body. The warmth of his skin kept me secure and safe.

Zach was the person that any girl would already fall for, however, I was just beginning to.

When it was our turn to strap up for the ride, I suddenly forgot how to. There was way too many things you had to connect and pull down, I was getting confused.

Zach saw my confusion and unbuckled himself to come to me, "Need some help?" He asked, I smile and nod.

Zach bends down and does all the hard work while I intently watch him. His blue eyes were glued to my strap making sure that everything was in place. He even made the seat belt tighter for my sake.