4.2

"Be careful." Ethan says, as I lean against the driver side door, the window rolled down.
"I will. Don't worry about me." I say smiling, as I mess up his hair.
"Hey!" He says, as he fixes his hair. "Don't make me get out of this car." He says, as he grabs my hand.
I chuckle, as I shake my head. "Okay, I'm going." I say.
Ethan puckers out his lips, and I smack it with my phone.
"See yeah!" I say laughing, as I run to the McDonald's front door.
"I'll get you back!" Ethan yells out the window, as he rubs his lips.
"Okay." I say, as I walk inside.
Mr. Pablo is already by the cashier, waiting for me.
"Hi." He says smiling. "You ready?" He asks, as I make my way behind the counter.
"Yes." I say, as I tie my hair up into a bun. 
"Okay, follow me. I'm going to introduce you to the person who will tell you everything to do. You're going to be his shadow for today." Mr. Pablo says, as he leads me back to the kitchen.
"Roberts!" Mr. Pablo says a little loudly, and I see a guy's head pop out from behind the fridge.
Oh my fucking god.
It's Kaelin. He notices me, and his whole facial feature changes.
"Yes , sir?" Kaelin asks, as he adjusts the hat on his head.
"This is Sky, she's the girl I was telling you about earlier. She's going to be your shadow for the day. Just let her help you out with whatever you have to do today." Mr. Pablo says, and he looks at me. "Are you okay with that?" He asks me, and I nod my head.
"Of course. Not a problem." I say, as I give him a fake smile.
"Okay then, I'll be in my office if you need me."
With that Mr. Pablo walked into his office, and out of view.
"Why here?" Kaelin asks me, as he stands there and stares at me.
"Because it was the closest place to my house, and I didn't think people I knew were going to work here." I say, as I scratch my arm.
"Oh, well, let's go. We have to wash some dishes." He says in disgust, as he walks over to a big sink.
There was pan after pan in the sink, and they were really dirty. It makes me nauseous just looking at it. Kaelin tosses me a pair of rubber gloves, and puts on a pair himself. He starts the faucet, and hands me a pan.
"You can just wash this one." He says, as he passes me a sponge, and some dish soap.
"Thank you." I say.
The tenseness between us is almost unbearable. If Pablo was here right now, he'd know something was wrong between us, and he'd pair me with someone else.
I quietly finish washing the pan. "Where do you want me to out this?" I ask, as I hold up the clean and dry pan.
"In the cabinet down there." Kaelin says, as he points to a metal cabinet behind him with his foot.
"Oh, okay." I say, as I put the pan in there.
Kaelin finishes up his three pans, and puts them in the same exact spot.
"Now, we have to go get the boxes from the truck, and bring it in here. We got a new supply of food today." He says, as he tosses his rubber gloves in the sink, so I do the same.
We walk out back, and a truck is out there waiting for us. Kaelin slides the back door up, and there's about twenty boxes in there, and I sigh.
"Is there a problem?" He asks, as he looks at me, his brow raised.
"Nope." I say, as I give him a fake smile, and he rolls his eyes.
"You can just hand me the boxes, and I'll take them inside." Kaelin says.
I nod my head, and I reach over to grab a box. I hand it to him, and he walks it inside. As he went to go put it inside I reached in for another box, and I grabbed it. As I grabbed it I felt a sharp pain shoot up my back, and I gasp in pain, and drop the box. I double over, as tears threaten to come out. Kaelin comes back out, and gives me a concerned look.
"You good?" He asks, as he picks the box I dropped off the floor.
I take a few deep breaths, and stand straight up. "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry." I say, as I shake my head.
He takes that box inside, and again I reach for another box. Just as I picked it up, the pain came back, and I put the box back down into the truck until Kaelin came out. I massage my back with one hand, as I wait for him.
Is this the baby pain? Probably.
Kaelin comes out, and I hold my breath, as I hold the box, and hand it to him. Again he brings it inside, and just, as I'm reaching for another box the pain becomes unbearable, and my legs go weak. I fall to the floor in tears, and I hear Mr. Pablo call out to me.
"Sky! Are you okay?" He asks, as he crouches next to me, and puts a hand on my back, as the tears slip down my face.
"Yeah, my back is just in so much pain." I mutter, as I push against my back, and Kaelin comes out.
"What happened?" He asks, as he stands by us.
"What the hell is wrong with you! She's pregnant you idiot." Mr. Pablo says angrily, as he sticks a finger in Kaelin's face.
"What? I didn't know that. You didn't tell me." Kaelin says, as his eyes widen, and he looks at me.
"It's my fault." I say, as I get off the floor. "I didn't mention it to him." I say, as I wipe my eyes.
Kaelin stares at me with a smirk on his face, and I know school is going to be hell.
"Sky, you can go back inside, and I'll teach you how to manage the register." Mr. Pablo says, as he shakes his head at Kaelin.
"Okay." I say, and I head inside.
I quickly pull out my phone to text Ethan.

My Baby Daddy

Me: I'm screwed. Why can't I just be homeschooled?
Him: Just a few more months, babe. Then you're done.
Him: And what happened?
Me: My manager told Kaelin I was pregnant, and he had this terrible look on his face, so I know I'm screwed.
Him: Everything will be okay, maybe he just wants you to stress about what's going on. Don't let him get to you. I doubt he's going to say anything.
Me: Maybe, you're right. Well I got to go back to work. xx

With that I locked my phone, and put it into my back pocket, as the manager came inside.
"Okay, let me show you how to work the register." He says, as he clicks some buttons on it.
He explains everything, and what all the buttons do. 

~~~

Ethan holds the apartment door open for me as I walk in, and take my hair out of it's bun.
"Hey Gray." I say, as I plop down next to him on the couch, and run my fingers through my hair.
"How's my little niece doing?" He asks, as he touches my stomach, and I slap his hand away.
"Ew stop you weirdo." I say laughing, and Ethan sits next to me, and pulls me on him.
"Don't be touching her. Find your own." Ethan scowls at Gray, and Gray smirks.
"What you scared I'm gonna steal your girl?" Gray asks Ethan, as he runs his fingers through his hair, as he look into my eyes.
Gray licks his lip, and bites it, as he stares into my soul.
"What the fuck." I say, as I give him a disgusted look, and laugh.
"That would have worked on me when I was like fourteen." I say, as I shake my head. "Because I used to be in your lane." I say.
Grayson's eyes bulge out of his head. "Oh, Ethan, you better be worried. I could snatch her right from your grip." Grayson jokes, as he nudges Ethan's arm.
Ethan shakes his head, and kisses my forehead. "She would never."