2.5: Dad

Ethan was still in the shower, so I plopped myself down onto the bed, which was surprisingly comfy. I grabbed my phone, and unlocked it. There were about ten missed calls from each of my parents. I know I shouldn't have left the house without telling them, but they have no right to tell me who I can and cannot love. Despite my anger towards them I decided to text them, to reassure them that I was okay.

Text to my mom.

Me: Mom, don't worry about me, because I know you're worried. I'm safe, trust me. And I'm happy, because I'm with Ethan. Don't worry I will still be attending school tomorrow. I won't skip! I'm just staying somewhere with Ethan, the boy I love. We will only be here for a few days, and I'll be back home. I just didn't want to be around dad while he was acting like the world was ending, because I took the Promise Ring.  It just upset me that I've been gone for a week, and dad just flipped out! He didn't even give me a chance to settle back in to the house. Anyway, don't even dare to come pick me up from school tomorrow, because I won't get in your car. Eth, is already coming to get me after school. I love you, and I'll see you in a few days. I'm going to text dad now, so no need to worry. Bye.

I sent the message to my mom, and as soon as it was sent she opened it. So while she was reading it, and analyzing everything I wrote, I decided to text the person I wanted to avoid, my dad.

Text to my dad.

Me: I'm sorry I accepted the Promise Ring Ethan offered me. I had no right, especially without your permission, but I feel that you don't really have a say in what I do with my love life. But I didn't expect you to get so angry and outraged. It broke my heart knowing how angry you were. I'm coming home soon, well, more like a few days, but I don't want you to worry about me or try to find me. I'm with Ethan. I know you said that me and Ethan couldn't see each other anymore, but I love him. I love him like you love mom, and mom loves you. I know Ethan and I have only been together for six months, but my feelings for him are more then just a stupid crush. Dad, I could literally see me spending the rest of my life with him. I love you dad. I hope you will come to an understanding, and just trust me. You know that I wouldn't just go hook up with some random guy, and claim that I love him. I'm different then those girls. Anyway, love you.

I sent the message, and got the notification that my mom messaged me back.

Oh lord. I have no idea how she's going to react.

Mom: Where are you? Your father and I are worried sick! We were on the verge of calling the freaking police, Sky!

Me: I'm at a hotel, but I'm not going to tell you the name of the hotel, because I know you'll try to come and find me. Don't worry about me, please. I just need my time away from you guys.

Mom: You already had your time away. For a week!

Me: Yeah, but dad's behavior made me need more time. I have to go. Its getting late, and I have school tomorrow. I love you. Goodnight.

Mom: You know I don't approve of this, but if time is what you need I'll give it to you. I love you too, honey. Goodnight.

I locked my phone, and put it on the bedside table. I got off of the bed, and started to brush my tangled hair. Soon, Ethan came out of the bathroom only wrapped in towel, but he was finally done, so I took the opportunity to start brushing my teeth. I used a hotel toothbrush, and stood there staring at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. 

"You tired?" Ethan asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist, and hugged me from the back.

"Kind of." I said, and spit the toothpaste in the sink.