4.1

"Sky Marie Winters!" Julia yells from down the school hallway.
I look up at her, and sigh to myself. I haven't talked or texted Julia in so long. Ethan and this baby have been taking up all my time, but honestly, I'm not complaining.
Julia makes her way to me with an angry look plastered onto her face.
"I am so sorry." I start to say, but she cuts me off, and leans in to whisper to me.
"I know you're pregnant and everything, but that doesn't give you the write to ignore me. I'm your best friend! I've been there for you through thick and thin, and you treat me by ignoring me?" She whispers angrily.
"I'm so sorry. I had to make sure Ethan moved here safely, and I had to tell his parents, and my parents." I whisper back, as I grip the textbook in my arms tighter.
"You told your parents!" Julia says, a little too loudly.
"Oh my god, quiet down, please." I say, as I look at the kids around us. "I had to tell them. I'm already showing." I whisper.
Julia's mouth falls open, as she looks at me then my stomach.
"You can't even tell, besides the fact that your face is a little swollen." She says.
"Well, I'm wearing loose shirts, and I know my face is sw-. Wait what?" I ask, as I touch my face. "Is it really?" I ask nervously.

Julia chuckles, and pulls out her phone, as she puts it on camera, and hands it to me. My face is a little red and puffy. It kind of looks like I haven't slept in days, and my cheeks are chunky looking.
"Shit. How did I not notice this morning." I say, as I shake my head in embarrassment.
"Maybe it didn't happen till school started." She suggests.
"You're probably right." I say, as the late bell to fourth period rings. "Damn it." I mutter to myself, as I start to head into the classroom.
"I'll talk to you later." Julia says, as she rushes down the hall to her class.
"Bye." I say, and I take my seat in the back of the class.

A few people do a double take when they see me, and I blush in embarrassment. I slouch down in my chair, and let my hair fall in my face. I hear a few snickers, as the teacher comes to my desk.
"Ms. Winters." The teacher says, as she looks down at me.
I slightly move my hair to look at her. "Yes?" I ask, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice.
"Can I talk to you out in the hall. It's about your grades." She says, and my stomach turns.
"My grades?" I ask in shock. "But the last time I checked it was an A." I say quickly, as I push my hair behind my ears.
"I didn't ask you to talk back. Out in the halls now, please." She says, and I hear a few kids whisper 'oh shit.'
"I didn't ask you to talk back. Out in the Halls now, please." She says, you're a few kids whisper oh shit.
I quietly get out of my seat, and walk to the classroom door as I feel my face burn red with embarrassment. I get out of the classroom and stand by the lockers as I wait for the teacher to join me. She finally comes out and closes the door behind her and gives me a sympathetic look.
She says "I know Sky, I know."
When she says this I feel my heart stop and I think to myself does she know?
"What do you mean you know?" I asked her as I fidget with my fingers nervously.
"I know your secret, the one you've been trying to keep from everyone, but it's too obvious." She says as she looks at me with a raised brow.
"I haven't been keeping a secret." I say, as I look at her weirdly.
"Stop lying, Sky." She says "I know you're pregnant." She whispers the last part to me, and my breathing hitches.
"What? How did you figure that out?" I asked, as I stopped fidgeting with my fingers and glared at her. "Are you stalking me?" I asked, as I back away from her.
The teacher chuckles to herself. "I haven't been stalking you, Sky. That's, weird." She says.

"Then how do you know? I haven't told anybody except my parents, my boyfriend's parents, and Julia." I say as I look at her in disbelief.
"Sky you have all the signs of being pregnant. Puffy face, baggy clothes, and you've been missing a lot of school lately."
"Okay missing school does not have anything to do with being pregnant, and my puffy face is because of allergies okay." I lie, as I cross my arms over my chest.
"But you're still pregnant and I want to help you. I don't want your grades to drop so I'm going to cut down the work I'm giving you since you are an outstanding student, and cutting down your school work wouldn't affect anything." the teacher says what's a smile on her face.
"Wait, are you serious? You would do that for me? You have no idea how much that helps me out." I say, as I smile at her.
"I'm going to talk to your other teachers and see what I can do. I'm pretty sure you're doing just as good in their classes, as you are doing in mine, so I bet they wouldn't mind cutting down your school work either, I just won't tell them your secret."
"Oh my gosh. I really can't thank you enough for doing this." I say as tears fill my eyes.
I really am an emotional wreck when I'm pregnant.