1.7: I Can't

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slapped the snooze button on the alarm clock, and sat up. I turned off the alarm completely, and slowly crawled out of bed. I looked at myself in the mirror, and was surprised to find my bed hair looking decent. I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen for some breakfast. I made myself cinnamon oatmeal with some fresh blueberries. I quickly ate my oatmeal, and ran back up the stairs. I rant to my room, and threw open my closet door.

I have no idea why I was running.

"Ethan's picking me up today, so I should wear something cute." I said to myself, as I scanned the closet.

I found a cute summer dress that was covered in flowers. I put it on, and decided to wear some white converse with it.

"Now for my hair." I said, as I walked over to my mirror.

I pulled my hair up into a cute messy bun, and smiled at myself. That's good enough for today. I looked at the time. It was 6:29 a.m., so I texted Julia.

Me: Asa is driving u to school right?

I waited for the response which came seconds later.

Julia: Yeah, why, do u need him to pick u up to?

Me: Yes, plz! :))

Julia: K, we'll be there in 10

Me: Kk, bye.

Julia: Bye.

I put my phone in my backpack, and headed back downstairs. My parents were down there this time, and they were drinking coffee and watching the news.

"Good morning." I said smiling.

"Morning." My dad said, as his eyes met mine for a second, before they went back to the tv.

"Julia is coming to pick me up, and then Ethan is dropping me off." I said.

"I thought Julia didn't have a license." My mom said, as she gave me a confused look.

"She doesn't. Julia's boyfriend has his license, and they both are coming to pick me up." I said smiling.

Then, there was a loud honk outside.

"That's them. Bye!" I exclaimed, as I rushed out of the front door.

Julia was waving at me, as I approached the car.

"Hey." I said, as I got in the back seat.

"Hey, girl." Julia said smiling, as she turned in her seat.

I gave her a quick smile back, and she turned back around. The rest of the drive to school was silent. As we pulled up to the school parking lot I smiled. Today is a good day, I can feel it.

"Thanks for the ride, Asa." I said, as I got out of the car.

"No problem." Asa said, as he turned off the car, and got out himself.

"See you in second period." I said to Julia, as I rushed towards the school building.

"Okay!" Julia yelled behind me.

I went to the library, and looked at some books, as I waited for the first morning bell to ring.

"Boo!" Kaelin said, as he grabbed my shoulders.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, and the librarian glared at me.

"Sorry." I whispered to the librarian. "Why the hell did you do that?" I asked Kaelin.

Kaelin is a good guy friend of mine. We've been good friends ever since I came back from my suspension.

"How you doing?" He asked.