0.2: The Day of The Party

"You little bitch, you didn't answer my call yesterday." Julia says, tossing her backpack to the floor. I totally forgot to call her back, after I left the library yesterday.
"I'm sorry, but you will not believe who I saw yesterday at the library!" I exclaim.
"Someone who's obviously more important then me." She says, rolling her eyes. I shake my head at her attitude.
"Ethan mother trucking Dolan."
"Fucking not trucking." She corrects me. "You're not two, you can cuss, and cut the bull shit. Who did you actually see?" She plops down on my bed, and I throw my head back in laughter.
"No really, I actually met him, look." I say, pulling up the pictures we took on my phone. Julia's eyes go wide, as she looks up at me and back down to the picture.
"Why didn't you call me!" She yells, hopping off of my bed. "I want to meet him! How about Grayson? Why didn't you take a picture with him? Isn't he your favorite? How did you find him?" The questions were thrown at me, one after the other.
"I don't know, I just wasn't thinking about that." I say, as I sit on the end of the bed. "And don't get mad, but like, he kind of invited me to a party."
"Okay, that's where your lie stops." Julia laughs, and I frown.
"No, I actually did. He even gave me his phone number." I already saved it into my contacts as a favorite. I couldn't help myself. "Oh shit, I forgot to tell him I'm coming tonight."
Julia crosses her arms over her chest, as she watches me call him. "Fake." She mouthes, the phone rings.
I put it on speakerphone. "Who's this?" Ethan's voice booms through the phone.
"Ethan, it's Sky." I furrow my brows, as Julia laughs.
"This is Grayson, Ethan is asleep." Grayson and Ethan sound exactly the same on the phone.
"Oh, um-"
"I'll wake him up for you." Grayson cuts me off.
"No, it's fine. I'll just call back later." I say, but it's too late. I can hear Grayson yelling Ethan's name.
"Wake up, E! Wake up!" He yells. I hear a groan. "Will it wake you up if I tell you it's a girl named Sky on the phone?" With that I hear another voice similar to Grayson's yell, "Give me the phone!" Julia and I patiently look at the phone, as the yelling continues. "It's E." Ethan says, breathing heavily.
"Awe, you guys have nicknames for each other already?" Julia says in a childish voice. I slap her leg, shaking my head.
"Hey, I was just letting you know I'll be there tonight." I say.
"Good, because I know Gray won't hangout with me." He says. Julia wiggles her brows, and I close my eyes to contain the laughter bubbling up inside me. This is nothing more then a one time friendship. "And I forgot to tell you, I'm coming to pick you up, because the house is kind of far. So, what time should I be there, and what's your address?"
Her mouth falls open, and she snatches the phone from my hand. "Hi, Ethan, this is Julia, Sky's best friend, um, please tell me why I was not invited to this get together? I'm your biggest fan." She says sarcastically. I try to grab the phone from her, but she's too fast. "I mean, Sky would have never known about you two if it wasn't for me." She winks at me.
"Do you want to come?" Ethan asks, and I gasp. He just invited my best friend to party along. Hell yeah.
"No, I was just messing with you, though it would be nice to meet you." She twirls her hair around her finger, and I snatch the phone back.
"It's Sky, again. Sorry, about my friend. She's very, well, um, straightforward, I guess you could say." I take him off of speakerphone, and press it against my ear. "I'll text you my address, what time will you be here?"
"Party starts at nine, so I'll be at your house by eight."
"Okay, then see you soon." I say, and I hang up.
"You have four hours to get ready, let me see your nails." Julia says, grabbing my hands. She examines my natural nails, and jumps up from my bed. "We will paint them white." She says.
I nod my head, but I know that I don't have a choice on what color my nails will be painted.

"Finally!" I groan, as Julia tells me my nails are dry. "That took so long."
"What color dress are you wearing? Or should I ask what dress are you wearing?"
I shrug my shoulders, and Julia grabs all the dresses hanging in my closet. As she goes through them, she throws the formal ones to the side.
She finally stops on a tight fitting dress that I wore to homecoming my sophomore year. "This will be perfect. Ethan won't be able to keep his hands off of you." She says.
I cough, as her words register in my brain. "We're going as friends. Actually, not even friends, maybe, acquaintances?"
"Sure." Julia hands me the dress, and pushes me into my bathroom. "That's what all girls say when a relationship is starting." I try to argue, but she closes the door on my face. Me and Ethan aren't even what you call friends. I'm a fan of his, and he's just my celebrity crush. In reality, I wouldn't date my celebrity crush even if he wanted me, because I know it would never work. What if Ethan is trying to use me as a one night hook up? He wouldn't, he's too nice, but how the hell would I know? I don't know him personally. Maybe this was a mistake.
"Damn, Sky!" Julia squeals when I walk out. I tug at the end of the dress, as it creeps up my thighs. "That dress makes you look curvy as hell, even though you're flat as a pancake." She laughs.
"Fuck off." I say through gritted teeth, as I sit at my vanity. "We have the same body shape."
Julia shakes her head, and turns me towards her. She applies a thin layer of foundation and concealer, hiding all my blemishes. Then, she carves out my face using the Hoola bronzer. "Why are you so good at this?" I ask, and close my eyes. I feel the soft brush run across my eyelids.
"Practice."

"Okay, and done," she says, and I look in the mirror. I look decent for once. My eyelashes are curled, and my eyebrows are filled in.
"Thank you." I say, looking at the time. "He should be here any minute now."
"Then I'm gonna go." Julia says, as she grabs her backpack from the floor. "Tell me how it goes when you get back."
"Definitely."
I watch as she jogs down the stairs, mumbling a 'see you later' to my mom and sister.
As if on cue the doorbell rings. "That's Ethan, so I'm going to go!" I yell to my mom as I reach the bottom of the stairs.
"Be safe!" I hear her yell back, and I nod my head even though I know she can't see me.
I open the door to Ethan, his hair flopping against his forehead. "Hey," he says with a smile across his face. "You look nice." His eyes trail down my body, and I feel myself flush.
"You too." I say, his blue button up is tucked into his black jeans, the top few buttons are undone.
"You ready?" He asks, and I nod my head.
The car ride felt very short, though it was an hour long. Ethan and I had small conversations about our families and how life has been treating us.
"Gray is excited to meet you, but don't be too excited to meet him, because you're in my lane, remember?" Ethan says jokingly.
"Yeah, yeah." I playfully roll my eyes, as we walk up to the large brick house. The smell of sweat lingers in the air, and Ethan and I push through bodies of people to get to the kitchen. I thought he said a few friends, not a million. The air is so stuffy, its almost hard to breathe.
"He should be in here somewhere." Ethan says into my ear, as his hand presses against my back. "I didn't expect many people to be here."
My heart races at his touch, even though its all friendly. "Me too." I say.
We circle around the dining table, and into the actual kitchen area. I see Grayson leaning against the kitchen counter with a red cup pressed against his lips. A girl is sitting on the counter next to him, as she whispers into his ear.
"Gray, this is Sky." Ethan introduces me, and I stare at the guy I crushed on for the longest time. Four years of my life to be exact.
"You were the one on the phone." He slurs.
He's drunk, oh my god.
"Yeah, I was." I shift uncomfortably, and look back at Ethan, his eyes narrow down at Grayson.
"How much did you drink, Gray?" His tone was harsh.
"I just took what? Ten shots?" Grayson asks the girl next to him, and she laughs. Her hands rub his shoulders, as he sips from his cup.
"Okay, that's enough." Ethan says, grabbing the cup from him.
"Hey!" He yells, as he tries to take the cup back.
"No more, you're done."
I bite the inside of my cheek, as Grayson rolls his eyes, and leaves the kitchen. This is the Grayson we don't see on screen. I can't imagine what the other fans would think if they saw him like this.
"I'm sorry." Ethan says, pouring the cup in the sink. "He wasn't always like this." He shakes his head.
"Oh," I don't know what else to say.
"Let's not let his behavior ruin this party." Ethan smiles, as he leads me out of the kitchen. "Do you want to play a round of pool?"
"Pool? Are you sure, because you are going to lose." I chuckle. "I'm a pro when it comes to that game." I say.
Ethan raises his brow, as we walk upstairs. "I'm a pro, but I'll let you win. Don't worry." He smirks. The pool table was in the middle of the open room upstairs. A few couples were cuddling on the couches, as Ethan hands me a pool stick.
"Don't let me win." I say, as he sets up the balls. "I don't need your mercy."
"I love a confident woman." He says, the music slightly shakes the tables, separating a few balls. "Go ahead."
I hit the white ball into the triangle of balls, and it shoots a striped ball into a hole. "Off to a good start."
He walks around the table, angling himself. "Watch this." He says, hitting the ball, sending two solid balls into two separate holes. This is going to be interesting.

"It's a tie!" I argue, as Ethan and I walk down the stairs. The music gets louder and the temperature is higher.
"If you say so." His arm rests carelessly on my shoulder. "I let you win the second one, so it doesn't count."
He did not let me win. I saw the look of his ego breaking when I potted my last ball. "Whatever, sore loser. Let's dance." I say, pulling him into the middle of the crowded living room.
"I can't dance," he says, and I start to dance.
"Everyone can dance. It might look weird, but everyone can dance." I grab his hands, and force him to at least rock back and forth with me.
As the songs continue to play he loosens up, and we are finally dancing like normal people. This night is going so well, I don't want it to end.

~<3~

A/N
Okay, so if you are reading this book a second time, yes, the chapters are a little different, but its for the better! :) Also, I know Ethan and Sky meeting was rushed, but as the story continues it gets better, I promise!!! Thank you guys so much for the continuous support. Don't forget to vote and comment.♡

[Fully edited and rewritten 4/17/19]