Chapter-33

Aanya:

One month later:

I groaned when the warm and bright sun rays peaking through the windows disturbed me and woke me up from my deep slumber.

I turned to my side not wanting to wake up yet. I snuggled into my blanket hiding myself from the sneaky sun. I was almost asleep when I heard a knock. I decided to ignore it and sleep. But someone was persistent.

Groaning again, I threw the blanket away from my face and I immediately sat up in my bed. And that's when I suddenly felt the urge to pee.

I immediately rushed into the washroom to attend the nature's call. After that I brushed my teeth and washed my face. While coming out of the washroom, I tied my hair into a messy bun.

But then I heard the knock again.

"Coming! Coming!" I said and opened the closet and took out the box full of nuts.

I went towards the window and slowly opened the window and grinned when I saw that my little guests were here for me.

"Someone is very impatient today." I teased and placed the nuts in the little blow for the my guests aka pigeons.

I grabbed one them and started to pet it. It tilted it's head to one side showing me where to pet it. I smiled at him. This has been my morning routine since I came here. Since I got discharged from the hospital. This pigeons remind me of our mansion.

My smile immediately dropped as the thought of the mansion crossed my mind. It's been a month since I met with that accident. Its been a month since I came back from my death bed. And it's been a month since I saw Hussein.

My heart squeezed in pain. I closed shut my eyes as I remembered the events of that unfortunate day. The day when I lost my everything.

You can find me smiling but you won't find me happy. You can find me alive but from inside I'm all dead. I lost a part of me during that time.

I might have recovered from the physical pain but I still haven't recovered from the mental pain. And, I absolutely have no idea about how to get rid of it.

The thing that is hurting the most is Hussein's absence. He hasn't even checked up on me once. I know that he came to the hospital that night. I know how he fought with everyone just to see me. But, now, when I needed him the most, when he is the only person I want to see all the time, he has gone MIA.

And it's hurting me alot. It's getting difficult with each passing day for me to hide my pain from my parents. He could have atleast called me right? Atleast a text message, a voicemail. But no, I got nothing.

Every day, I am holding my phone in my hand while sleeping with a hope that he will call me. I'm googling about him every day, reading all kinds of business magazines to find atleast a little news of his whereabouts. But it's like my fate is not with me. No matter what I do, I can't find anything about him.

But again, I can't complain about his behaviour. I have no right to do so. How can I expect him to care for me when I broke this relationship, his trust and his heart with own hands? How I can expect him to act normally after he saw those divorce papers? Initially, it was Hussein who was at guilt, who did mistakes but now I'm the one to be blamed for this broken relationship.

I jumped out of my skin when I heard someone at my door. That's when I realised I was crying. Again.

I kept the pigeon down and wiped off my tears. I gave myself a glance in the mirror to make sure that there were no stains of tears in my cheeks. When I was sure that I looked I fine, I went ahead and opened the door.