Chapter-13

Aanya:

The saleslady came with a ring which was already selected by Hussein. He didn't even ask me for my opinion. She just took the size and went away. Hussein paid them and we left the store.

Neither of us uttered a word. Hussein was maintaining his distance. He was walking ahead of me. And he was walking very fastly. I couldn't keep up with him. Hussein saw this and came back to me and held my hand and then started to walk.

I was dumbstruck at his gesture. But this time I didn't fall for his act. I know it very well that he was faking it. I just rolled my eyes and shrugged off.

After a long drive we stopped at a fancy restaurant. Hussein, again opened the door for me. But I didn't dare to look at him. He placed his hand at my lower back. I stiffened at his touch but had to move along.

The manager of the restaurant came towards us and greeted us. Hussein already made a reservation for us. The manager showed us our table which was in the private area.

No one else were there. It was only the two of us. The restaurant was extravagant. Slow music was being played in the background. I was awestruck with the beauty of the restaurant when Hussein cleared his throat successfully bringing me out of my trance.

I looked at him and quickly averted my gaze feeling embarrassed. But, thankfully, the waiter came and brought the dishes and kept them in the table. I frowned looking at the dishes.

Wasn't he supposed to ask me first before ordering? I thought to myself.

Hussein signalled the waiter to leave after he served us. The dishes looked so good and tempting.

"I took the liberty of ordering on behalf of you. I hope you don't mind." Hussein said.

"Oh, don't worry, Hussein. This is not the first time you took the decision on behalf of me. I'm kinda used to it now." I replied sarcastically which made him to glare at me.

"Aanya, you are playing with fire." He warned.

I scoffed at his words.

"Yeah, whatever." I replied and rolled my eyes at him. Usually I never disrespect anyone. But Hussein is an exception.

I hate him from the core of my heart.

I was about to dig in when he interrupted me.

"Aanya, I need you to listen to me without interrupting me. This is really important." He said seriously. I nodded telling him to continue.

"As soon as you go back home tell your parents that you are ready for this marriage." He said. I didn't even blink my eyes and just looked down.

"Look, I'm not going to back down from this. You've to marry me at any cost. If won't give up this stubborn nature, you will have to face the consequences for this. And, trust me heart, you won't like it." He warned.

"Am I clear?" He asked me to which I didn't reply.

"I asked you am I clear, Aanya?" He growled making me flinch at his tone.

"Yes." I quickly answered to him. He hummed and proceeded to have his lunch. I couldn't eat anymore. My appetite was killed long ago. I just played with the food on my plate.

That's it. There's no way out of this. I have to marry him for the sake of my family's safety. I'm going to marry a devil.

Ya Allah, what did I ever do? Why am I being punished like this? How am I going to spend my life with the person I hate the most?