Chapter-15

Aanya:

My heart was in my throat. I was close to faint. I was already dizzy. Ali nudged me to answer the Moulvi Saheb. I opened my mouth to answer but I couldn't find my voice.

I felt someone's eyes burning holes into me. I looked up to find Hussein glaring at me. When our eyes he raised his eyebrow, silently warning me to not to do anything silly that I might regret later.

And that was enough for me to understand that I can't escape from this.

That's it Aanya. Just say yes and get over it. You can do this. I gave myself a pep talk.

"Qubool hai ( I do)." I answered the mouvli Saheb still looking at Hussein. I observed that his muscles relaxed after I answered.

Mouvli Saheb asked me the same question twice and I said the same answer. After that he handed me some book and asked me to sign on it.

My tears which I controlled till now were flowing down. They fell on the book while I signed.

After that mouvli Saheb took the book and asked Hussein the same question.

"Hussein bin Rashid, kya aapko Aanya shaik ke saath ye nikah qubool hai (do you take Aanya shaik as your wife)." Hussein looked at me and smirked.

"Qubool hai." He answered very confidentially still looking at me.
After that he also signed on the book.

"Nikah Mubarak ho. (Congratulations on your wedding.)" The mouvli saheb said. Everyone started to congratulate Hussein and were hugging each other.

My mom came forward and hugged me. I hugged her back very tightly. I started to sob. I can tell that my mom was also crying. Hussein's mom came forward and hugged both me and my mom.

"Please take care of my daughter. And dont be strict on her." My mom said.

"Rania ji, Aanya is not my daughter-in-law but she is my daughter. I promise you that I'll take full care of her. You don't have to worry about her now." Salma Aunty said.

"Congratulations Aanya." She said to me and hugged me.

"Thank you aunty." I thanked her.

"No, no, don't call me aunty. Call me mom. I'll be happier to be addressed like that." She said. I nodded.

After meeting few more people, I was taken back to the room which was allotted for the bride. As soon as entered the room, I removed the dupatta that was covering my head and threw it aside.

Alina and Tina, immediately came to me and hugged me. I wept like a baby. I felt pathetic. I cried and cried until there were no more tears left in my eyes.

"It's over. Everything is over now. My life is destroyed infront my eyes and I couldn't​ do anything to stop it." I said sobbing uncontrollably.

"Aanya please stop crying and drink some water." Ali said and gave some water.

"Aanya, I know this is wrong. And don't even think that I'm okay with whatever happened with you. But, Aanya, you always say that everything, every incident in our lives happens for a reason. And moreover, you strongly believe that when we're in hard times, Allah will surely show you a way out if this. You just need to have some patience." Tina reasoned me.

"And, Aanya, now, you're married to him. We can't change it. Instead of crying about it, think about how you're going to make him realise his mistake." Alina said.

"You guys are correct. I need to stop crying about this marriage, because I was destined to be married​ to Hussein and I can't do anything about it. But I can surely do one thing. That is make him realise his mistake. " I said wiping my tears.