Chapter-1

Aanya:

"Annu....! Wake up beta, it's already too late," I heard my mom yelling at a distance. But, instead of waking up I snuggled deeper into my blanket.

I was about to doze off to my dreamland when someone barged into my room. And, the next moment, I found myself shivering as my mom snatched the blanket away from me and yelled, "Aanya, wake up. How many times should I call you? It's 9'o clock already."

"Okay ammi. I'm up, I'm up, please stop shouting!" I snapped at my mom and regretted immediately.

"Why are you so grumpy today, Aanya? And where are your manners? Is this the way you talk to your mother?" My mom yelled.

I winced at her tone.

"I am sorry ammi. I won't repeat it again." I apologized to my mom and she went away saying that I should freshen up and meet her at breakfast.

The very first thing I did was to brush my teeth. I hate opening my mouth without brushing​ my teeth. I cringed at the thought of the all bacteria entering my body.

Eww!! Nasty!!

And then I jumped into the shower and thought about what my mom said. She was actually right. I'm really grumpy today. Because I couldn't sleep last night.

Why?

Simple. I was thinking about the guests​ who were coming to visit us today.

My aunt who lives in USA is coming to visit us today. And my cousin, Alina, will obviously tag along with her. They are here to host a party in their newly built mansion.

And I'm really nervous to meet them because it's really been a long time since we last met.

It might not be a big deal to others but for me, it is. I'm a really shy person and I don't like attention at all. I just want to be left alone with my books and lots of chocolates.

So, basically, I'm an introvert where as my cousin, she is an extremely out going personality. She is very confident. So, it's obvious that I'm very nervous about this meeting. And that's why, I kept tossing throughout the night.

And, boy, a sleepless Aanya can be very grumpy.

After what felt like hours I came out of the shower and got dressed. I cleared the knots and braided my hair.

Gosh, my scalp burns!!

Sometimes, I feel like cutting my hip length hair and make it short. But, I love my hair way too much to cut them. So, I just bare the pain while clearing up the knots. Giving myself a last glance on the mirror, I headed towards the dining hall.

"Assalamualaikum papa and ammi," I greeted my parents who were waiting for me at the breakfast table.

"Wa alikum assalam beta, come, have your breakfast, it's already cold." My mom said.

On hearing the word breakfast, I guess my stomach got a life and rumbled as if I didn't feed it for decades. My parents laughed at me as I blushed.

What a great way to start your day, Aanya!! My subconscious taunted me.

"Aanya, your aunt will be arriving today. Did you clean your room?" My mom asked me.

"Haan ammi (yes ammi), I cleaned it yesterday itself. And I prepared the bed as well just in case they want to stay for the night". I replied to her.