Chapter-3

Aanya:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I quickly turned it off so it doesn't wake Alina up. It's​ still 5 am so, I did not want to disturb her. She must be tired. She complained about the jetlag yesterday.

I got up from the bed as quietly as possible. I went to the washroom and brushed my teeth. After that I did my ablution and came out.

I quickly read my Fajr Namaaz (Namaaz which is read early in the morning) and read Quran for sometime. After that I went down to get something to eat as my stomach started grumbling.

I made myself a sandwich and tea. I just love tea. People usually are addicted to coffee but I'm addicted to tea. After finishing that I went to bring the newspaper and milk carton.

When I came back I saw that my Mom was awake. "Assalamualaikum ammi," I greeted and hugged her.

"Wa alikum assalam, Aanya. Did you sleep well? Is Alina still sleeping?" My mother asked me.

"Yes, ammi, I slept well. And Alina is sleeping like a baby. She must be really tired from her journey." I replied.

"Yeah, let her rest well. It's a big day for her. Why don't you​ go and sleep for some more time, Annu?" My mom said.

I agreed and came back to my room. As soon as I lied down on the bed, my eyes grew heavy. I guess I was still tired from yesterday's work.

I woke up after few hours. I saw that Alina was still sound asleep. This time I had to wake her up because it was already too late. So, I woke her.

"Good morning, Ali." I said. She replied and dozed off again.

"Wake up sleepy head!!" I shouted near her ear. She screamed and fell off of the bed with the blankets wrapped around her, looking like a cocoon. With her messy hair and her confused expression she looked hilarious.

I wasn't able to control myself and started laughing at her. Alina, after realising what happened, also started laughing. She was rolling on the floor while laughing which doubled my laughter. I clutched my stomach as it started to hurt.

After controlling ourselves, Alina went to the washroom to freshen up. In the meantime, I cleaned the room. I saw my phone lying on the bed. I checked if I had missed any calls or messages. But, luckily, there were none.

Alina came out of washroom and we both headed to do our breakfast. We hugged my parents and greeted them.

"So, what are your plans for today?" Alina asked me. Since I had no plans, I just shrugged.

"Great, we can go to the shopping then. I need to buy a dress for tonight's party." She said.

I agreed with her. Its been a long time since I went to shopping so I thought it was a great idea. And, specially shopping with Ali is amazing. I heard that she is an expert when it comes to fashion.

After finishing our breakfast, we came back to my room, which is now Alina's as well. She opened my closet to find a dress. After going through my closet for a while, she turned around and looked at me.

"What?" I asked her.

"What what, Annu. You don't have any western clothes, not even a jeans. How boring." She said.

Ouch, it hurts.

Now, I was definitely offended. But I didn't show her that.

"I have leggings to wear, Ali. You know my papa, he doesn't like it when I wear western clothes." I replied.

It's true. My father never allowed me to wear any Western clothes. And I love wearing them. But at the same time I can't go against my father. So, I always wear leggings and some decent tops.