Chapter-11

Hussein:

The next evening, as we planned, we left for India and we reached there at midnight. The preparations were already made for us. We went to the same hotel where I checked in last time.

Mom and dad went to their room. They were tired from the journey. I stayed in my room. But I couldn't sleep. All I could think was about Aanya. I can't wait to see her reaction. I couldn't contain my excitement.

But I have to take it slow. If I hurry up the things, people will doubt my intentions. Thinking that I called it a night.

Next morning:

I couldn't sleep last night. How can I? The evil side of me couldn't sleep because of his victory which he will be achieving very soon where as my good side was questioning me about my sanity.

Am I doing the right thing? Does Aanya really deserve this?

I don't know and it's too late to step back now. I have to proceed with my plan at any cost.

After a quick breakfast with my parents, we headed towards Aanya's home. After driving for one hour, we finally reached our destination. We stepped out of the car. I rang the bell. I heard some commotion from behind and held my breath in anticipation. Then finally Aanya's mom opened the door.

"Yes?" She asked us looking very uncertain.

I guess she needs to be reminded of who I was.

"Assalamu alaikum, Mrs. Rehman. I'm Hussein. We met in Mr. Ahmed's party." I told her and that was enough for her to remember who I was.

"Oh, wa alikum assalam beta. Please come in. I'm sorry I couldn't identify you earlier." She apologized.

"That's okay. It happens." My mother said. Aanya's mom frowned at her. She looked at me as if asking me who was this person.

"Mrs. Rehman, meet my parents Rashid and Salma. And mom, dad, this is Aanya's mother Rania." I introduced them to each other.

They greeted each other. Aanya's mom asked us to take a seat. We sat in the living room. Since we were visiting Aanya's home for the first time we became quite curious. So, we were looking around to see her home. It was neither too small nor too big. It was nice and cosy.

I saw few photo frames of Aanya. She looked really beautiful. We were so engrossed in inspecting the house that we completely forgot about the reason why we were here. Aanya's mom cleared her throat and brought us back to the reality.

"If you don't mind, may I know the reason behind your sudden arrival?" She asked us.

"Rania ji, before we tell you the reason, why don't you call your husband?" My mom said. She nodded her head and went to call Aanya's dad.

In the mean while, my parents asked me again if I was sure about this. I told them with utmost sincerity that I wanted to marry Aanya. Even I was shocked with my acting skills.

Aanya's father, Rehman and her mother came back. We greeted each other. Her father asked my parents what was the reason behind our arrival.

"I'm sure you have already met my son in the party. Well, in that party, my son happened to see your daughter, Aanya." My father said carefully.

"Okay. So, what are you implying at?" Her father asked immediately.

"My son here, he took a liking on your girl and not only that he wants to marry her. We are also okay with this. So, we are here to ask Aanya's hand in marriage with Hussein." My father said slowly and waited for them to comprehend the information.