Chapter-17

Aanya:

My mind was whirling with thousands of thoughts. Mostly about how I'm going to live without my parents. We are heading towards the reception venue. I was dressed in a simple evening gown. Since my wedding gown was very heavy, I wanted to wear something simple gown for my reception.

Everyone in the car were silent. Not even one word was spoken by anyone. I looked at my parents, both of them were looking out of the window. My brother was driving but he was also lost in his thoughts. I can tell that they were trying to get hold of their emotions.

When I was in the final year of graduation, everyone used tease me, telling that I would be the next to get married. I always ignored them. I didn't even want to think about marriage, mostly because if I get married then I should have to leave my parents. That thought alone scared me to death.

But here I'm married to the satan. I don't know what he is going to do, especially now that we're married. I curse the day I met him. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that the car has halted, until my mom called out.

"Aanya, we're here." She said.

"Ji ammi." I said and quickly wiped the tears that managed to escape.

Bhai came out and opened the door for me. The reception was being held in a five star hotel. Most of the guests were from Hussein's side.

I heard that most of them were from Dubai and London. And all of them were Hussein's business partners. I'm very nervous. I could feel my hands shaking. I took a deep breath and started to move towards the entrance.

"Assalamualaikum bhabhi." Rehan greeted as he came out of the hall.

Bhabhi( sister-in-law), this sounded so weird. He is addressing me as bhabhi because I'm his friend's wife now. I don't know why but I felt butterflies in stomach at that thought.

"Wa alikum assalam, Rehan bhai." I replied to him.

"Bhabhi, aapko peeche ke darwaaze se aana hoga." (You need to come inside through the back door." He said making me frown.

"Lekin kyun bhai?" (But why bro?) I asked him.

"Because, Hussein and you should make an appearance together." He said. My frown deepened.

"But, I wasn't informed about this thing. And who told you that?" I questioned him. I know that it's not Hussein who told this.

"Yaa, bhabhi, we forgot to tell you this. And Hussein's mom said this." He said.

"Umm..okay then. Please lead the way." I told him. I couldn't protest now because it's Salma Aunty who said this. And I can't go against her decision.

Rehan led the way to the back door. I didn't know that there was another way to get inside. I saw guards standing everywhere.

Rehan directly escorted us to the room which was provided specially for the bride, just like today morning. After escorting us, Rehan excused himself and left the room.

I sat on the on the couch. I suddenly felt tired and the night has not even started yet. I grabbed a bottle and drank good amount of water as if I didn't drink water for ages.

Alina and Tina sat on the chairs which were on either side of the couch. I noticed that they were awfully quiet. I looked at them, their faces were full of sadness. I scowled at them. I was about to ask them about their foul mood when someone knocked at the door. Alina went to open the door while adjusted my dress.

"Oh, assalamualaikum Aunty. Please come inside." She said to someone.

"Wa alikum assalam, Ali." Salma Aunty said and came inside. I went to her and greeted her.