Chapter-12

Aanya:

Why? Why? Why?

The only question I have been asking myself from last few hours is why me? What did I ever do? Why is this happening with me?

Oh, you just slapped that handsome hunk. That's all. My conscience mocked at me.

Will you ever shut up? I questioned her.

Nope, darling. To shut me up successfully you need to kill yourself. She said in an obvious tone.

I rolled my eyes at her. Can you for once be useful to me? Just give me an idea to escape from the devil. I begged my conscience.

You can't escape from him. Muahahahahaha. She laughed at me.

Buzz off you idiot and stop scaring me like that, I scolded her.

Hussein, I will never marry you. I'm​ sure I will find a way out of this. After having the dinner with us at my home, Hussein and his parents left.

But not before the devil announced that he would be back to take me on a date. And no, he didn't ask me to go out with him. He went to my parents and asked them to permit him to take me on a date. My parents were pretty much impressed with his manners.

Uhh..manners my foot. I wish my parents could see the real Hussein behind that innocent face.

And handsome too. My conscience poked her nose, yet again.

Ugh!! Can someone please shut her up for me?

Anyways after his innocent, gentleman's act, my parents agreed and gave thumbs up for this date. It is me who has to go on a date with him. He should have asked me. My parents should have asked me if I was okay to go with him. But no, it was as if I was invisible. No one cared about my opinion. This thought brought tears in my eyes.

But I controlled myself. Because I didn't want to look pathetic. I didn't want Hussein to see me in a vulnerable state. I don't want to boost his ego by showing him that he had hurt me. I'm a strong girl and I will face this problem with courage.

When they left, I immediately excused myself and came back to my room. If I hadn't then my parents would have showered me with their questions. Questions which I'm not ready to answer yet. How can I answer them when I, myself don't know the answers?

So, here I'm tossing around on my bed. I couldn't sleep. It's impossible for me to sleep now. I thought about my life before Hussein came into it.

I was happily living my life with absolutely no problems in it. I had my goal set. I wanted to achieve master's degree in literature and start writing my own novel. I was a happy child with nothing ​to worry about.

But, when Hussein came into my life, my life took a sudden 180 degree turn. Everything is changed now. He has messed up with my brain. He is in my thoughts most of the time. He does weird things to me. Very sinful things to be honest.

I let out a shriek when my phone rang. Geez, I really need to stop getting scared over little things. I looked at the watch which read 11 pm. I frowned thinking who would be calling me at this odd hour. I took the phone and saw that it was my brother. I quickly picked up.

"Hello, assalamualaikum bhai. Are you okay? Did something happen in the office?" I showered him with questions as fear flooded into my veins.

"Annu, Annu, just relax. I'm fine. But how do you know that something has happened in my office?" Bhai questioned me.

Suddenly, I don't know what to say anymore. Oh no Aanya, why did you ask him like that? Can't you be less obvious? I thought to myself.

"Umm. Nothing Bhai. It's just that you called me at this time, which is very rare. So, I just guessed. And just tell me what happened?" I replied to him smoothly.