Chapter-14

Two weeks later:

Aanya:

"Aanya, beta, tum ab tak so rahi ho, utjao jaldi se. ( Aanya, baby, you're still sleeping, come on wake up).'' My mom said. I groaned and turned around to sleep.

"Aanya, what is this? Today is your wedding and you're ​still sleeping." My mom scolded me.

My eyes quickly snapped open when I heard the word wedding.

Yes, wedding, my wedding.

Oh Allah, the dreadful day has finally arrived. I'm getting married today!!

"Ammi, seriously, do you've to remind me that I'm getting married today?" I grumbled.

"Annu, you're saying as if you are not happy with this marriage." My mom said. Her eyes wide and full of concern. I immediately regretted saying those words.

"Aunty, it's nothing like that. It's just that our Annu is feeling sad because she will have to leave you guys." Alina said while coming towards us.

My mom looked at me, silently asking if she was right. I quickly nodded. She just hugged me and left after telling Alina to help me to get ready.

"Thank you so much Ali. You saved me." I told her.

"Annu, don't thank me yaar. Now, come on, you'll be late for your wedding if you won't start getting ready now." She said. I sighed and nodded.

I took my new bathrobe and went in to have a nice and warm bath. I stepped into my bath tub. The water was warm and soothing. I released a sigh again and closed my eyes thinking about the incidents that took place during the last two weeks.

Flashback: two weeks ago:

Today, I woke up very early. Because Hussein and his parents were going to come over after the breakfast to discuss about the marriage. I clearly remember Hussein saying that within one month I will be married to him. It was more like a promise. I gulped at the thought of marriage.

After having my breakfast, my mom gave me her best saree to wear. When I looked at my mom she had tears in her eyes and was desperately trying to control them.

"Ammi, what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked her keeping the saree aside.

"Ahh, nothing, Annu. You go and get ready. They will be here in no time." She said and ushered me towards my room before I could ask her what's the matter.

After having a shower, I changed into the saree. I looked myself in the mirror. The saree showed all of my curves. I felt exposed but I didn't have a choice.

I did my hair and applied light makeup. I didn't have any wish to look beautiful. Infact, I want to look ugly so that Hussein gets scared and throws away the thought of marrying me from his head.

I heard the doorbell ring and then heard them coming in. And with that my heart started pounding in my chest. I felt as if my heart was about to explode. My hands became cold and I felt numb from nervousness.

I began to pace around my room. I'm scared. I don't think so I can do this. Hell, I never wanted to do this.

Oh Allah, please help me.

I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. It was my mom.

"Aanya, are you ready?" Ammi asked me.

"Yes Ammi, I'm ready." I said after taking a deep breath. I can tell that she was more than happy for me. As we started towards the living room, my throat became dry. I felt dizzy but I quickly controlled myself​.