Chapter-8

Aanya:

Two weeks later.

Oh, no, no, no.

I'm late.

I'm late.

I was mumbling to myself and jumped into the shower. I quickly showered and changed ​into my clothes.

I stepped out of the washroom and rushed down while making a messy bun.

"Ammi, I leaving for college. Allah Hafiz." Saying this I grabbed my books and an apple and stepped out of the house. My bestie, Tina was waiting for me on her scooty. She glared at me.

"I'm so sorry, Tina. I was working on the assignment till late night, so I wasn't able to wake up early." I told her with my best puppy eyes.

"Wait. What?! Assignment?! What assignment?!" She asked with wide eyes and confusion clearly written on her face.

"OMG, Tina, now please don't tell me that you forgot about the assignment. Do you not remember that Mr. Jones told us to write an essay about Shakespeare?" I asked her.

She gasped and said, "Oh shit, shit, I forgot Annu. What am I supposed do now?"

"We will think about it on the way. But first, let's go to college. We are already running late." I told her while I sat behind her and fixed my helmet.

We soon started for the college. Tina was rambling about her detention which she was sure to get. Yes, detention, even in the masters. And only for Tina. She was cursing her heart out because she went to a party yesterday. I cringed at her language.

But when she mentioned about the party, my mind drifted back to that night. It's been two weeks since Hussein kissed me in front of everyone, two weeks since Alina went back to USA. I miss her so much. We FaceTime all the time.

And as for Hussein, I didn't hear anything from him. And I was very glad about it. When the realisation dawned me that I insulted him as well, I was petrified. I thought he would be back to avenge his insult.

Because of this fear I wasn't able to enjoy​ first few days of college. But eventually, I overcame it. I'm sure he must have forgotten about it and moved on. I'm glad that it's over now. My life is finally back to normal.

"....uck, asshole.." Tina's cursing brought me back to reality. I scolded her about her language. She just rolled her eyes.

We reached our college. Tina quickly parked her scooty. Then we rushed towards ​our classroom. Thank god, we were on time. Tina was doing a happy dance when someone cleared their throat. We quickly turned around to see a very amused Mr. Jones.

He was looking at Tina with a smirk on his face. His eyes were twinkling. I looked at Tina and saw that she was blushing.

Wait. What the hell am I missing here?

I saw that other students were also curiously watching them. So I cleared my throat, successfully bringing them to reality.

Mr. Jones asked us​ to take our seats. And Tina rushed towards her seat. I sat beside her. I gave her a look which told her that I wanted to know what's happening.

She simply looked down. Mr. Jones asked us to keep our assignment at the end of the desk and started teaching us. After sometime he started to collect the assignments.

He asked Tina for her assignment, she just looked down. Mr. Jones asked her to stay after class. She blushed and nodded. I frowned at their interaction. There's surely something happening between this two. I thought to myself.