Chapter-25

Aanya:

I just stared at him with wide eyes. He was still on his knees and his head was also bent down. Neither of us spoke a word. But he raised his head and looked straight into my eyes.

"Aanya, I know I've been causing a lot of trouble to you. I know I have hurt you alot from the movement I came into your life. I know I acted like an asshole. No, I agree I'm a fucking asshole. I did many bad things, I told many bad things. Umm...I know you don't like me at all. Infact you must hate me for whatever I did to you." He said looking into my eyes. His voice held sincerity. I could see that in his eyes as well.

He grabbed my hand and moved close to me. But still we were able to look into each other's eyes. He took a deep breath and continued.

"Aanya, I might not be a perfect man for you. I might not know how to care or what to do in a relationship. I might be a heartless man. I might have committed many mistakes. And I never regretted about my actions. I never gave a damn about other's feelings. But, Aanya, it.. it's different with you. I don't know why but whenever I hurt you or see you in pain, I feel as if someone is stomping on my heart."

"I don't know what's exactly happening to me. Why I'm feeling like this? But one thing is for sure, I just can't see you in pain, heart. I just can't. I know it sounds foolish to tell this stuff considering the fact that the damage has been already done."

"I also know that we didn't have a good start. But, Aanya, I want to give it a try. I want to give this relationship one chance. I want to give us a chance. I know I have no right to say this but I want you to give us a chance. I want you to give me a chance."

"So.., Aanya can we start over please?" He asked him.

I just stood there dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say anymore. His words took me off guard. I wasn't expecting this from him. He wants to try. He wants me to give him a chance.

His words kept ringing in my mind. I stood there as a statue. It felt like a dream. I was afraid to move or do anything because I was scared that I would wakeup and all this will end.

I felt his hands snake around my waist and he buried his head in my stomach. He kissed my stomach and nuzzled it. And as an instinct I placed my hands in his thick locks and caressed them.

"Please, Aanya." He said and that was enough for me to come out of my trance.

I tried to move away from him but he didn't let me go. I placed my hands on his shoulders and tried again. Even then he didn't budge.

"Hussein, stand up please." I said in a low voice.

"No. First you tell me your answer." He replied stubbornly.

"Hussein stop acting like a kid. Your legs must be hurting. Please get up." I scolded him. But he just moved his head sideways and nuzzled into my stomach again.

"Hussein why are you so stubborn? Just get up already. Listen, if you won't get up then I'm not going to answer." I warned him.

He immediately stood up, stumbling a little. I giggled at him. He acts like a baby sometimes.

"Hussein, firstly, this is not a joke right? I mean you're not doing this hurt me right?" I questioned him. I could see the hurt in his eyes because of me doubting his intentions.

"No, Aanya. This is not a joke. I know it's difficult for you to trust me, but I promise I'm serious about this." He said sincerely.

"I'm sorry to say this but it's really hard for me to trust you Hussein. I don't mean to offend you but whatever you did to me is not something I can forget overnight. Hussein, even I wanted to give us a chance." I told him and waited for him to take in my words.