Chapter-30

Warning: keep a tissue box near you. You'll surely need it.

Aanya:

I quickly prepared the lunch. Everything I made was Hussein's favourite. I made chicken biryani and gulab jamun for dessert. After packing the lunch for both of us, I went to get ready.

This is the first time I'm going to his office. And he is the owner of this company. The great CEO. So, I need to look presentable. I decided to go with a red coloured long cut kurti and a black palazzo. The dress fitted me perfectly but not as a second skin to me to make me look inappropriate.

After getting ready, I went out and saw that Kareem was on his duty. He was surprised when I asked him to take me to Hussein's office but was quick enough to mask it and obliged to take me to Hussein's office. He said that it takes nearly thirty minutes to reach his office.

We were driving in silence. My mind was disturbed. My instincts were on alert. They were warning me. My heart was restless. I could sense something bad was going to happen.

But I shrugged it off. Maybe I'm overthinking. So, instead of thinking, I decided to enjoy the view of London. It's so beautiful. So clean yet so busy. Everyone was busy in their own world. I smiled at the people.

Soon my smile turned into a frown when I realised that Hussein never officially introduced me as his wife. Infact, he might not have told them about this marriage. I grew more and more nervous as we got closer to the destination.

After a good ten minutes, we finally reached the company. Before stepping down the car, I gave myself a pep talk saying that I can do this and I'm the wife of their boss so no one can misbehave with me.

After taking a deep breath, I stepped down the car only to choke on my breath. I'm sure my jaw was touching the floor. I couldn't help but gasp at the enormous building that stood infront of me.

My husband is working in this huge building. No, he is the owner of this building. He is the owner of this company. I could just imagine the power he held. I was overwhelmed with the thought. I felt proud of my husband.

I straightened my back and held my chin high and stepped inside the office. I had to resist the urge to let my jaw fall on to the ground once again. To say that the interior of the office was beautiful would be an understatement. Everything was marvellous.

"Excuse me, miss?" I was brought back to the reality when someone interrupted me.

I turned around to find a lady who was dressed in a formal dress, a shirt and a skirt. She had a slender figure. I think her figure is zero size. She had light yet sophisticated makeup on. But she had a frown over her face. And it was then I realised that she was waiting for me to answer her.

"Hello." I said timdily as I didn't listen to the question she asked me earlier.

"Hi madam. How can I help you?" She asked me softly.

"I came here to meet my husb- I mean, I came here to meet Hussein." I said. Her eyes slightly went wide with surprise probably because I addressed her boss with the first name.

"Okay. But you need an appointment to meet Mr. Hussein, miss-" she trailed off.

"Mrs. Hussein. But you can call me Aanya. And I came here to meet my husband." I said.

I expected her to say something in return. Atleast, I thought that she would react to my words. But she did nothing. Absolutely nothing. She remained there rooted in her place and all she did was to stare me. I shifted from one leg to other feeling uncomfortable under her gaze. Not knowing what else to do  I cleared my throat which successfully brought her out of her trance.