3 days later

my eyes fluttered open as the afternoon sun burned through my window. i flopped over and cradled under the covers. refusing to budge.

"LAUREN LAUREN!!" corbyn busted into my room with a phone to his ear. car keys in the other. "ITS DANIEL!!" he yelped. i gasped and hopped onto the floor. i hadn't gotten out of bed at all, i really had no reason to. i stumbled down the stairs and out to the car.

after loads of traffic and cursing, we finally pulled into the parking lot. we all jumped out and ran towards the huge sliding glass doors and slipped in.

the nurse pointed behind her towards a hospital room and nodded her head. we all ran towards it and busted through the doors. there daniel was. an oxygen tank sat next to him. the heart monitor beat steadily. he was pale and weak. the life was drained out of him. "i-is he going t-to be ok?" i sniffled and swallowed the lump in my throat. the nurse frowned and walked over to me. "we'll let you have your time with him" she smiled weakly and patted my back. tears darkened my light grey shirt as i watched him. we were all scared to go near him.

i took a deep breath and moved towards him. the heart monitor grew slower every minute that passed. i knelt down next to his bed and put my hand on his. he was cold to the touch. i brushed my hair out of my face and looked to him.

"hey baby. i'm here. finally able to see you. i-i know you can't hear me right know but just know that i... i love you. i love you so much. we-we could've had a future.. we-we would've had a future together" i gasped and tucked my hair behind my ear. "and a baby girl. or a baby boy" a laugh slipped past my lips. i wiped my face and kissed his cheek. "i'm sorry that i wasn't there for you more. i'm sorry that i wasn't the perfect girlfriend i know i could've done better. i'm so.. so sorry. i love you so much. i should've done better, you deserve way better." my head fell to the bed.

"l-laur"

i jerked my head up. daniel's eyes started to flutter open. "daniel daniel!" i squealed and put my hand to his face. he laughed softly then grabbed his side. wincing in pain. "shh shh it's going to be ok" i laughed as tears fell down my face. he looked up and wiped my tears.

"lauren. listen. you are the best thing that's happened to me. you did everything right. you were always there for me. i could not have asked for a better best friend. let alone a better girlfriend. this isn't the end. i didn't even get to call you mrs. seavey" his head fell back as his hand fell from my face onto the bed. "goodbye" his soft smile faded as he lost his heartbeat. my head shot up as a long beep rang in my ears. a long green line was displayed on the monitor.

i stumbled to my feet and screamed. the doctors came rushing in. i watched as one grabbed a defibrillator out of his bag. his deep voice made my skin crawl. "CLEAR" he screamed and jammed the two machines onto daniel's chest. his body jolted up. but nothing happened. the doctor rubbed them together again and warned everyone to get back. "CLEAR" once again. daniels body jolted up again. still nothing. the nurses pushed me out of the room as my cries pierced the doctors ears. i fought back but a whole team dragged me out. i watched through the small window. "CPR is a go" he said and cupped his hands. his huge hands pushed down on him. his ribs cracked and gave in. his limp body had no life left in it at all.