Chapter 11

I threw open my suitcase and made sure everything was packed, then zipped it and dragged it behind me to the door. "I don't know if I'm ready" I said shakily. "It's ok. You'll be ok, everything will be ok." He said rubbing his hand on my back. For Daniel. I tools a deep breath. Staring at the silver doorknob. Corbyn started at me, pacing. My hand turned the door knob and swung the door open.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the hotel. Holding back tears. Trying to hide the fact that my body was shaking uncontrollably and that my heart was about to give out. "T-there is a taxi outside" Corbyn said nervously. I pushed on he glass door and felt the cool winter breeze flow through my hair. Corbyn ran ahead of me, opening the car door. "Thank you" I said, my voice giving out. I hopped in and watched as Corbyn followed. Giving the driver a tip and the address. I'm going home.

I watched as the trees and people raced by. Then I saw as we approached the beautiful house that I have been so lucky to call my own. "You ok?" Corbyn asked, his lip trembling. "Yeah I'm fine" I smiled and nodded my head. "We are here!" The driver said excitedly. My eyes wandered to Corbyn. My hands and knees were shaking. My heart was racing. I looked to the house. Taking a deep breathe. My hand moved to the door handle as I opened it and stumbled out. Corbyn followed. A nervous look set upon his face. I moved to the back and got all of my suitcases. Corbyn nicely got them from me. My knees shook as I stepped to the door. I placed my hand on the warm knob. Staring at the glass pane. Just do it lauren. You got this. I took a deep breath and turned the knob. Slowly opening the door.

The house was cold and empty. The pain and sorrow still lingered the empty rooms. My eyes shot down when I almost stepped on something. It was a bouquet of flowers. I slowly picked them up. "Daniel?" I whispered. Tears pricked my eyes. I heard feet shuffle from upstairs as a door opened. Then feet started down the stairs.