my feet shuffled against the squeaky tiles. my heart was pounding hard and my tears were falling down fast. "ma'am are you daniel seavey's girlfriend?" a soft voice interrupted my pacing. i stopped and looked to her. "y-yes mam". her eyes went back to the clipboard as she started to walk towards me. "daniel's operation could take hours. maybe even days to be fully done. i wanted to let you know that you can't stay here overnight because of the patient numbers. they are going up so we have no room for visitors. "s-so i cant check on him?!" i raised my voice. "ma-ma'am. he's going to be in operation for hours. it may even take days... you won't be able to see him until long after his surgery." my heart sunk to the floor and my eyes wandered to the boys. none of them were speaking at all. i sighed and slowly walked away from her, heading towards the boys. i hugged them all tight. their muffled sobs echoed through the empty hallway. my hand softly grazed their backs as i tried to comfort them. nothing seemed to work.

2 hours later

"ok it's time. we are having an overload on patients and you cannot stay here. oh and daniel is being transported to a hospital in LA. the surgery is too risky. he needs a bigger hospital." "what?!" i screamed. "i need to see him, where is he?!" the nurse shoved her rubber gloves in my face as she pointed to the exit. i looked back to the entrance of the operation room. he could be dying in there. there's no hope. i sniffled and wiped my cheek, then walked with the boys outside. corbyn then called an uber.

we went to the hotel and grabbed all of our bags, packing every little thing up. i frowned when i saw my disney ears laying on the bed.

could life get any worse?

the whole ride back to home was tough. none of us spoke a word. when we finally arrived at the big white house, we slowly got up and got our stuff. then silently unlocked the door and headed in our own directions. jack brought up daniel's stuff and set it up in their room. ready for him when he comes home. i mean.. if he comes home.

my feet quietly shuffled on the floor as i headed to my bed. it was unmade and messy, leaving traces of me and daniel from when we cuddled a couple days before. my body jolted as shivers ran down my spine. i cuddled up in the blankets, his cologne lingered in them.

my heart stopped as my door creaked open. i jumped up to see zach standing in the door frame. his expression was blank. he was lost. i wiped my face and walked wearily to him. then dug my face into his neck softly and wrapped my arms around his weak body. we were drained. emotionally and physically.

his lips said nothing while his mind spoke a thousand words. i lifted my head to reveal my red and tear stained face. his lip puckered as tears filled his eyes. "s-say something" i stuttered. my eyes scanned his face as he replied with nothing. i whimpered and hugged him tighter. his cries grew louder every second. "l-listen. zachary. you are going to get through this d-daniel.. daniel is going to be" my voice trailed off. his head lifted from my shoulder. his amber eyes then scanned my face. he nodded his head and walked away slowly. my hand cupped my mouth and muffled my cries.

my knees grew weak as i shut the door silently. leaving myself in complete darkness. i found my way to my bed and layed on the side that he always slept on. i felt around my back as something furry tickled me. i yanked on it with force and choked back tears as soon as i realized what it was. the bear that he got me rested in my hands. i swallowed the lump in my throat then cradled the stuffed animal. slowly falling asleep with it in my arms.