It took Kannon several seconds to put the pieces together.

Tera's long, maroon hair was wild and unkempt as it flew around her, but even from where she was standing, Kannon could tell that something was amiss even about that. She wasn't sure if her mind was playing tricks on her or not, but she could've sworn that Tera's hair was rapidly whitening from the roots down, in a rapid descent.

"What the..." Shaking off her confusion and making her way towards the wall, Kannon grunted and threw her head back, yelling at her unstable cousin.

"HEY! TERA!"

Since Tera had been so focused on keeping away the shinobi who were attempting to climb the wall in order to pursue her, Kannon hadn't expected her to turn to her so quickly.

However, when she did, Kannon wished she hadn't opened her mouth.

The evil smirk on Tera's face slowly morphed into a menacing snarl, and she locked eyes with her cousin immediately.

Those aren't her eyes!

Kannon was astonished at the change of Tera's eye colour; it had changed from her usual deep azure to a striking icy blue, which pierced Kannon the longer she looked into them.

"You!" shrieked Tera suddenly, forgetting all about the Suna shinobi below her and focusing all her attention on Kannon. "YOU!"

"Me?" called out Kannon in bewilderment, unsure of what had prompted the unforeseen bloodlust in Tera's eyes. Still in her hospital gown and obviously suffering from the after effects of childbirth, Kannon figured that the blood that was on Tera's body right now was undoubtedly her own.

"You'd think I would get a rest from you after all these years!" hissed Tera, bending over and leaping from the wall. Kannon stumbled backwards as Tera propelled herself to the spot where Kannon originally stood, leaving herself vulnerable to the Suna shinobi as they regrouped with Temari and began a new plan of recovery. "Why can't you leave me alone?!"

"Um, I've only known you for a few months!" retorted Kannon hesitantly, indecisive on whether or not she should try to poke fun with this new Tera. Although she was certain that the woman in front of her was indeed Tera, the way she spoke made her doubt that it was the Tera she knew.

"You wench!"

Kannon was surprised as Tera lashed out at her with her fists, elegantly ducking and standing straight once more.

"Me?! What's gotten into you?!" exclaimed Kannon as Tera began rounding on her, a fire in her eyes that she had never seen before. By now, the whiteness in Tera's hair had reached more than halfway down her locks, and Kannon was none the wiser as to what was happening to her.

Does this have something to do with the darkness in her chakra??

"You're not sealing me away again!" howled Tera, regaining her posture before launching herself at Kannon, this time managing to get her hands around her throat.

With a gasp, Kannon managed to slither out of her grip, but not before a fleeting image flew through her mind.

In it, a woman wearing an ornately blue kimono with eyes as pale as the powder blue sky and hair as white as freshly fallen snow was screaming at her, much like Tera was doing to her now. The stark resemblance sent tremors through Kannon's body, yet she had no idea why.

What's going on?!

The world around her seemed to slow down as Tera attempted yet again to go at Kannon, this time using ninjutsu to get at her. Kannon knew what was coming; yet for some reason, she found herself incapable of responding in accordance. A fog had overcome her mind, and now she was slow both mentally, and physically.