Flirty!Lafayette x Easily Flustered!Reader

Requested by rainbowland75!

Your POV:

You sat neatly at your piano at the 1780 Winter Ball. You hummed softly as you picked your sheet music gently out of your bag. You set it up, then stood back up, lighting a few candles  on your piano. You were part of the band, so you probably wouldn't do any dancing tonight, but you didn't care for dancing much anyway.

You warmed up for a few minutes, then looked up at the violinist. He nodded at you, and you started playing.

About an hour in, the band finished a particularly difficult, but beautiful song, and you took a small break to shake out your hands and stretch. You stood up, yawned and sat on the edge of the stage.

Suddenly, a handsome young man came up to you, looking a bit memorized.

"Bonjour mademoiselle. I could not help but notice how beautifully you play." He said in a French accent, face dusted with pink. You smiled and blushed as well.

"Oh! Thank you so much, sir. I appreciate it a lot." You said happily, sliding off the stage.

"It is my pleasure. May I have this dance?" He asked. You gestured to your understudy, who nodded and sat at the piano in your place. You looked back at the man.

"I'd love to." You said cheerfully, taking his hands. "I'm Y/n L/n, by the way." You said, swaying to the beat of the song.

"Je m'appelle Lafayette." Laf said, some of his chocolate brown hair falling out of his ponytail. You smiled and brushed it out of his face, tucking it behind his ear in a cute little curl. He blushed and spun you around. You smiled wider.

"I don't dance much, sorry." You said, stepping on his toe. He grinned.

"Me neither, but perhaps when we are together we will more, no?" He asked, smiling.