Lin x Reader

Requested by mercker!

Your POV:

High School, Senior year. Prom.

You laughed, arms wrapped around your boyfriend of 4 years neck. You sighed and put your head on his chest.

"I've never been happier." You whispered. He smiled at you softly and kissed your forehead.

Just after prom.

"Look, we're going off to different colleges. I don't think long distance can work." You said, a tear slipping down your face. Lin looked sad, but he knew it was coming. He nodded.

"O-okay. I'll always love you, you know. Keep in touch, alright?" He asked. You sniffled and nodded, rushing towards him and hugging him tightly.

After college.

You bounced on the balls of your feet giddily, headshot in one hand and resume in the other.

"Y/n L/n?" A voice called. You took a deep breath and opened the door. You saw a few people sitting around a table. One man looked incredibly familiar, but you brushed it off.

"Uh, I'm Y/n L/n. I'm auditioning for Eliza, or her understudy, and I'll be singing If I Lose Myself." You smiled shyly and tucked your hands in your pockets as you started to sing. You sung 16 bars and then stopped. Polite applause followed. You giggled and tucked your hair behind your ear.

"Uh, thank you. My number's on my resume if you suffer a severe head injury and want to contact me." You joked, waving.

1 week lata I'm writing a letter nightly. I mean. 1 week later.

You trembled slightly as you walked into your dressing room.

You still couldn't believe they chose you for the role of Eliza. You stared at your reflection in the mirror. Your hair was growing longer, slowly but surely. Right after high school, you had cut it super short. You changed into your Eliza dress and took off your glasses, replacing them with contacts.

There was suddenly a knock at the door.

"Come in." You said cheerfully, giddy. The familiar looking man came in, looming troubled.

"Hello, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Lin Manuel Miranda, I play Hamilton, and I'm the director. You look really familiar, and your name sounds really familiar too. How the hell do I know you?" He asked.

"Lin?" You asked, shocked. "It's me, Y/n." You said, grinning. His eyes widened.

"You're kidding me. You cut your hair." He said. You smiled.

"Yeah. Heh. Sorry I didn't keep in touch, I got busy as hell." You apologized.

"It was partly my fault. So. How are you doing?"

"Good. You, uh, dating or married to anyone?" You asked awkwardly.

"Yes we can go out again." Lin replied, rolling his eyes. He took your hands and pushed you against the wall, kissing you softly, with all the passion from those years ago.

"I love you too." You said, giggling softly. He laughed into your hair and kissed your forehead too.

"I missed you." He whispered.

"I know. I did too." You replied, kissing him again.