Turtle Bab-I MEAN JOHN LAURENS X READER.

Requested by Hamilton_trash_1776.

Have any of you heard guns and ships nightcore? It. Is. Beautiful. Anyway. Read on, loves! ^-^

Your POV:

You snorted, some beer coming out of your nose. You were in a bar with your other friends, laughing so hard that alcohol came out of your nose.

"Oh my god." You said, bursting out laughing. Hercules, Alex, John and Lafayette laughed with you and Herc clapped you on the back.

"Zat was beautiful." Laf joked. You laughed. After everyone calmed down, they all sat down and leaned back in their chairs.

"I may not live to see our glory!" Alex sang. Everyone sang along, but you stayed silent, smiling softly and watching your best friends in peace.

At the end of the night, you were the only mildly sober one, so you walked John home. You wrapped your arm around his shoulder, and he wrapped his around your waist.

"You know..." John hiccuped, "I think I love you." He said. You giggled and hugged him.

"I love you too. Let's see if you feel that way in the morning." You replied as you got to his doorstep.

"Alright, I'm gonna tuck you in." You said, taking John upstairs and helping into bed.

"Night." You whispered, kissing his forehead. He sighed and snuggled into the blankets.

You left, and went to bed yourself. You had lived with John for years, and in the morning, two identical letters were sitting on the floor by the door. You picked then up and opened the one addressed to you. It was a draft for the war. You took a deep breath. You knew that John had the same.

He came downstairs eventually, and you handed him his letter. He grimaced.

"Not the best time to be hungover, huh?" You joked, poking the food on your plate. He laughed anxiously.

"Yeah. Hey...did I tell you I loved you last night, or was that a dream....?" John checked. You smirked.

"I think you know the answer. You're very cute when you're drunk." You giggled.

"Sh*t..." He muttered. You side hugged him.

"I love you. Let's go not die in a war, shall we?" You suggested, grabbing your wallet and a hat. Laurens blushed and grinned at you.

"Sounds good." He replied, grabbing a scarf and taking your hand.

"Let's go."

1 week later (I'M WRITING A LETTER NIGHTLY) you backed up against a tree, clutching your rifle. John glanced you from your right. You swallowed and smiled weakly at him. He offered his hand. You took it and took a deep breath. The sounds of gunshots rang through your ears.

"I love you. Don't forget me." You whispered, a tear slipping down your cheek.

"No, we're gonna be fine." John assured. You shook your head.

"I don't know...promise you won't forget me?" You checked. Laurens sniffed and squeezed your hand.

"I swear I'll never forget you as long as I live. But you're going to live longer than I am, I guarantee." He promised you. You nodded and peeked around the tree, your rifle pointed forward.

Right, loves, I got 2 ending for ya. Sad one and a happy one. Here's le sad one.

You froze, pain ripping through your chest. You heard John's scream, and you fell hard. Someone fell by your head.