John Laurens x Zombie!Reader

Requested by rainbowland75!

Post zombie apocalypse and modern aus. (Watch the video above after you've read this.)

I decided to write this from John's POV, cuz I don't know how zombies think. XD

Turtle Babe's POV:

I shivered, back against a wall. It was day 479 of the zombie apocalypse. I've lived this long, and I'll be d*mned if I get infected by a group of zombies in an abandoned warehouse. I heard their groans and softened my breathing.

Alexander stood next to me, along with Lafayette and Hercules. Lafayette shot about a dozen of the group, but one girl caught my eye.

She stared at me, but not like the other mindless zombies did. She looked in love. I looked back at her, and she blushed. Her h/c hair was bloody and split, and her e/c eyes were dead, but she was still beautiful.

I walked over cautiously. She backed away, blushing more. I smiled softly at her. She shyly held out the end of a leash, the other end tied around her neck.

I took the end and gently pulled. She followed willingly and happily, keeping her distance still. She was different. She was sane. She didn't speak, but only stared at me lovingly.

"John! What the f*ck?! Why do you have one of them with you?! It's going to kill us all!" Lafayette yelled. The zombie girl winced. I flinched as well.

"She's different, I promise." I said quietly.

"John! She's one of them. She'll turn on us in our sleep, and we'll be dead." Alexander insisted, looking on the h/c girl with disgust. I clutched her leash tightly.

"No! She's different, I swear. She won't hurt me, and I'll tell her not to hurt you." I pleaded.

"No. Laurens. No." Alexander said finally, looking at me with hurt filling his eyes.

"It's us or her." Hercules said, crossing his arms. The girl stared at the double barrel shotguns they were pointing at her with fear. As soon as I chose them, they would shoot her.

They would kill her.

She looked at me with terrified eyes. My only friends starred at me with pleading eyes, imploring me to listen to common sense. I shook my head ever so slightly.

"Sh-she's different, I can feel it." I whispered, clutching the leash tighter.

Lafayette shook his head and looked to the door. I shivered and left, the girl following close behind me.

"I-I'm sorry." She said in a gravelly voice.

"J-just shoot me. You should go back to your friends." She said, tears spilling down her face. She seemed to flicker in front of my eyes, blood covering her, her eyes losing all control for a split second.

"N-no. I can't shoot you." I said. She looked at me sadly.

"I'm only half sane. I'll kill you. I won't even consider it. I'll snap back into a zombie, and I'll infect you." She said. I shook my head, my brown hair waving to the side.

"No." I said finally. She hung her head.

"I'll do it myself. Tell my story, of the slightly sane zombie, Y/n, who loved a human." She pleaded. I took her hands, which were reaching for my gun.

"Never." I whispered, pulling her close and kissing her deeply.

I felt sparks, like electricity. I swear I felt the insanity draining out of her. I pulled away after a few moments of pouring myself into her via kiss. Y/n stared at me with her glossy, e/c eyes. Her hair was flawless, glossy as well, smooth and soft.

She laughed and cried, staring at her hands.

"H-how?" She started. I kissed her deeply again.

"Don't question it." I whispered. I heard her sob as she kissed back. I held her tightly.

Years later

It was over. Every zombie was dead. Y/n held my bloody hand tightly, her face covered with blood too. I looked over to her. She stared at the dead bodies around us blankly, then looked at me, smiling broadly.

"We made it. We survived." She breathed happily. I nodded.

"We certainly did, mon amis." Said a familiar voice. Lafayette, Hercules and Alexander hugged us tightly.

"You guys!" I said, tears spilling down my freckled cheeks.

"We missed you. Looks like she's not all bad." Alex said, grinning at Y/n. She laughed nervously.

"Yeah...about that...Y/n?" I started. Her eyes flashed with fright.

"W-what?" She asked nervously. I got down on one knee.

"Marry me?" I asked, holding out a simple gold band. She nodded immediately, crying happily.

"Always." She said, taking it and slipping it on her finger. I kissed her softly, then pulled away giddily.

"I love you." She said quietly, smiling.

A/n: this is based off of the video, and I wanted to give this a happy ending too, cuz I'm in a good mood. Love yooouuuuu.