'I missed calling you that'

Start from the beginning

Nandini chuckles seeing his expression and he frowns.

"U are so cute when u get nervous.",Nandini said him and pulled his cheek from her right hand.

"I am not cute and answer the question.",manik asked and twirled her around.

"I am not, infact I am glad to know u want to inform everyone at office first then to the media.",Nandini said with a smile wrapping her hand around his neck and he sighs in relief.

Manik keeps both his hand on either side of her waist.

Nandini looked at him and saw him lost in thought.

"What's wrong?",she asks him.

He smiles at her and nods in no.

"Tell me.",Nandini insisted and he looks at her once and then looked up.

"We are close friends right?",he asked her with hope.

She looked up at him confused but still nodded.

"Are you uncomfortable with me?",he asks her again nervous.

She frowns at this but still nodded in no.

"Then why all your friends can hug and kiss you whenever they want and I can't. U don't even say a proper hii to greet me when we are with everyone but you hug all your other friends to greet them, why so??.",manik asked her honestly and gazed into her eyes.

She was surprised at this and was blank at his question.

Before Nandini can think anything and answer him. Arya interrupted them.

"Manik do you mind if I steal nanz from you?",Arya asked him and manik nodded in no before taking a step back.

Nandini was staring at him still lost thinking about his question when he gave her a small smile and left to talk with some clients.

Manik was talking with the clients when his eyes fell on Nandini who was laughing at something Arya said.

A small smile appears on his lips seeing her laugh freely but it fades away once he realised it was not because of him.

Nandini felt his gaze and turns to him.

She smiles at him and he smiled too at an instant.

They changed partners and Nandini danced with everyone while manik made conversation with people.

Naina came near manik and he smiled at her.

"Why are you not dancing?",she asks him.

"Not a big fan of it.",he answers.

"Just like Raj. He used to always complain about dancing.",Naina said him and he smiles looking at his mom forcing his dad to dance and him complaining.

"Manik",naina called him.

"Yes aunty.",he asks her.

"My daughter is a little stupid when it comes to matter of heart just like her father. U have to say her clearly in words to get her understand but u know what she also appreciate small small things in a relationship like me.",Naina said her and manik smiled hearing it.

"I will remember it.",manik said her and she smiled.

"I need to go now.",Naina said him and he nodded and kissed her cheeks.

"Thank you.",he said her and she puts her hand in his cheeks and smiled at him.

She left him and went to greet others.