LTBB 2: Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

"What? Me? How?" Questions were spiraling in my head. Was this all my fault?

"He wouldn't say. He just told me that it was because of his past relationship...and I'm guessing he was referring to you."

"Wait, first; how do you know this? You never liked Chase from the beginning and now he's telling you all these private things." It didn't add up.

"Yeah, about that..."

"Lora, what aren't you telling me?"

Her hands rose up to covered her face as she turned her entire body to me, "Isabelle, don't be upset at me but--"

"But what?"

"I had sex with Chase."

HOLD THE MOTHER FRICKEN FRUIT TRUCK BACK TO WHERE IT CAME FROM.

"W-What?" My mind felt like exploding.

My best friend I knew since Kindergarden slept with my ex boyfriend. Isn't that in the rule of feminism and friendship? Never to sleep with ex's?

"How did this happen?" There was no hiding that I was hurt even though I didn't have the technical right to be because Chase and I were over, but still. I had held a soft spot for Chase.

"It was just this stupid party that happened last year a month after you left. C-Chase and I were drunk and..." She was trailing off, "It was just one time. It was a mista--"

"Did you know what was happening?" My voice cracks and in that moment, tears slowly slid out of my eyes.

It took her a moment to answer, "Yeah but--"

"Then you did it because you wanted to do it. Not for the sake of our friendship but for the sake of your satisfaction."

Now I felt like I have been backstabbed, cut deep with a knife into my chest by my own friend.

"Why Lora? What about Tyler? You told me you loved Tyler not Chase." I tried my hardest to be calm in this situation seeing that it was my best friend who I was dealing with but it was hard.

"Tyler and I broke up that night at the party and--"

"So you decided to sleep with Chase?"

I was speechless by her actions and affection towards Chase. It was cold.

"Tyler and Chase are cousins. You and I are best friends, do you realize how much that affects us all?"

Now I understand why Lora felt so uncomfortable seeing me in her dorm because trust me, I do too. I didn't know how to handle this.

I never had an affair with anyone and my best friend decided to do it to my ex boyfriend.

What the hell.

"I-I'm sorry, Lora." I say trying to avoid looking in her eyes when I say this, "But I just can't be your friend right now."

"Isabelle, I'm sorry. You have to believe it was a mistake."

Ignoring her commentary, I walk out the door with my bags in my hands, I don't know where to go or where to stay. Going back down the elevator, I make my way to the receptionist with blood shot eyes.

She gives me a puzzled look, "Is everything alright?" she asked sorrowful, I wipe a tear away as I sniffed.

"Are there any other dorms where I may stay at in the building?" Tears continued to gush out of my eyes and all I wanted them to do was to stop. I didn't like crying in front of people.