37. The truth hurts

Start from the beginning

"But that don't make no sense why would he randomly meet up with her for what?" Kae chimed in I shrugged not knowing "the more I think about it something doesn't add up somebody's lying" Natties detective side came out "that's what I'm saying!!" I agreed

"I feel like you need to find out if anything was even wrong with his step dad first then go on from there" Tina suggested I nodded taking what she said in "text his mom just be like hey what's up just wanted to check in on your husband see if he's okay" Nattie took my phone ready to type.

"No dont text his mom she likes Abbie so she'd prob cover for Odell if she knew" I say stopping everything if what we were saying was true then Miss heather definitely knew about the meet up and I was sure she would cover for her son like any mother would.

"Why don't you just ask Odell then see what he says" Kae spoke up gaining an eye roll from everyone "cause if he lied about this then he prob gon lie to me when I ask" I answered "Ima text his sister, I was texting her the other day too so I could just act like I'm checking up on her" A thought came to my head "bitch you're smart" Natties eyes lit up

Taking my phone back from Nattie I scrolled down my messages finding Jazzys name

To: 👑Jaz 💕

Hey Hun hows everything going? You ran across my mind so I just wanted to check in on you and the fam how's your dad doing is he feeling any better?

I sent the text patiently waiting for a response "shit I forgot about the time difference" I say remembering we were five hours ahead "it's like 10:30 in the morning over there I'm sure she's up probably at school" Nattie checked that time making sure that we were good. Almost immediately I got a text back from her "she texted back!" I announced unlocking my phone

From: 👑jaz💕

I'm good the usual school, um everyone's good, my dad is good..? Honestly everyone's getting over a cold but we should survive lol

I read her text out loud before texting her back 'that's good the hear' "so he lied about his step dad having a stroke?" I was still in denial over everything the worst thing to do is to lie on someone's health. That hit home for me because the first thing I thought about was my brother reimagining him there on the hospital bed.

"Can we back up for like two seconds" Kae held her hand up "so he bought his ex a house" she reminded bringing up what Abbie had said in the message. "He's a whole fraud like why wouldn't he tell me that? He didn't have to lie is my thing!" Now that everything was in the light I was beyond upset.

"Bet you he probably still fucking her cause look he keep saying he don't fuck with her, he don't got her number, and he don't stay in contact with her" Once the scenario got into my head I couldn't get it out I was thinking of any possible thing that could have happened. "If he don't do none of that then why is the bitch still so obsessed and why you flying out to see her?" I yelled clapping my hands "didn't he go out to dinner with her too before y'all starting dating" Nattie fueled the fire "YES he probably lied about his mom being there too!"

"Yo no this not supposed to be happening it's your birthday don't let him ruin that shit for you!" Tina complained as she tried to defuse what was going on "no Tina fuck that this whole time I probably looked like booboo the fool To this bitch" there was no way I was gonna be able to calm down not when I knew Abbie was involved.

"That bitch think she funny too dming me, fuck that next time I see her ima rock her shit" I clapped taking some of my anger out on Abbie I didn't fully know what was going on but I knew she was trouble and loved drama.