Epilogue

It's a long one! I've been writing this for a while (even before the last chapter) trying to get the letter perfect, so I hope you enjoy!

I step through the glass doors, and into the bright entrance to the hospital, alone. I left Sophie with the guys for the day, which she was more than happy with, and to be honest she deserved it having heard what she did. After a couple of days ago, and Terry's attack, I was unable to go back to the apartment. Now it didn't just have the fear of being watched by Tanner, it held the memories of what Terry did. Even though he was arrested, I dropped the charges afraid of what it could cause. It's more trouble than it's worth. I am staying in a hotel currently, although the guys insisted that I stayed with them. I denied their offers, not quite at the point where staying with them seems like a good option. It could cause more complications than good. Instead, after a lot of persuasion from their part, I allowed them to pay for a hotel room for me and Sophie.

I walk up to reception and give a smile to the woman behind the counter.

"Hello, how may I help you?" she asks, her fingers at the ready on her keyboard.

"I'm looking for Amanda Raye," I say. After a few taps of her fingers, she looks back up and gives me directions with a warm smile. I follow the receptionists directions, and find myself at another desk. I repeat the earlier discussion, this time with a scowling man.

"You can go through," he grunts at me, as I look around at where I am. Behind the desk are windows showing a corridor, and at the end is a social room with a TV that is on. People are walking out of the rooms on the corridor and some are accompanied by family or friends. The man's voice has me focusing back on him, and his expectant expression. "Room 12." I thank him, and move to the door pulling it open. I walk down the corridor, stopping outside door 12. I look through the window of the door and see my mum sitting in the bed, a scowl on her face to rival the man at the door's as she stares at the wall. I rap my knuckles against the door before pushing it open. I meet my mum's annoyed expression, which lessens only slightly when she sees me.

"I thought you were that stupid doctor," she tells me as she goes back to staring at the wall.

"That doctor is helping you," I say as I enter the room, ignoring the fact that she didn't seem pleased to see me. She lets out an un-amused laugh.

"I don't need helping, Bambi." I bite my tongue to stop me from getting angry at her, remembering how we left things when I last saw her. I also feel angry at her for allowing Terry into our home. Even though she was not directly responsible for what he did, the feeling is still there. I know that she knows about what happened, because the cops said that they had passed a message to her explaining what happened.

"Yes, you do mum. They wouldn't keep you here unless they thought so too." She harrumphs and crosses her arms.

"How have you been?" I ask her, sitting down on the chair beside her bed placing my bag by my feet.

"God, you sound like her. We're not going to be able to help you, unless you start opening up," she finishes in a patronising tone. I press my lips together, wondering if I will get an answer or even if she will ask after me or Sophie. When I get no answer I decide to get to the point of my visit.

"Mum where did the ten thousand dollars come from?" I ask. Her head snaps to me, her eyes ablaze with anger.

"How- What money?" she asks.

"Don't lie to me, mum, I saw your other account. I was tidying up the other day and found the laptop."

"I don't know-"

"Mum!" I shout to stop her from denying it further. "Are you selling your body? Is that it?" I ask. It's the only way I can think of her earning that kind of money. It explains the constant stream of men in an out of her life.