Part 24

I wrote this on my phone so let me know if you see any mistakes I or autocorrect could have done. :)

We drive in a comfortable silence for a while before pulling into a small homely looking house. Jutting out from the front is a porch, with two comfy looking chairs. It looks to be only one storey. He pulls up beside the house and puts the car into park in front of a garage. He turns to me and smiles.

"I hope you don't mind, my mamma will be home." I smile in response, a little worried about what she will think of Sophie. He reaches out and squeezes my hand.

"She won't mind." He says sensing my thoughts. I give a sigh of relief and pull my hand back opening the car door. I go to go around the car to unclip Sophie, but see Storm has already beaten me to it. He lifts her up into his arms, Sophie resting her head on his shoulder. She usually has a nap after daycare, so she's tired. Storm grabs my hand and I walk after him up the steps across the porch and through the front door.

"Mamma." He calls into the house. I look around. Like the outside it looks very welcoming and homely. We are stood in a entrance hall with doors leading off each way. A kind face pokes out one of the doors. The woman looks to be in her late forties. Her brown hair is pulled back into a sloppy ponytail and her grey eyes hold curiosity. Her face shows the hard life and tragedies she has faced.

"Bufera? What are you doing home? And why didn't you warn me that we have a guest?" She asks looking at me. Bufera? Storm moves Sophie further up causing the woman to look at her. Her eyes cloud. She walks out of the doorway, pointing the wooden spoon in her hand at Storm.

"Bufera Giamatti, che Dio mi aiuti, se questo è il vostro bambina e non sei stato lì per lei." She says hitting him with the spoon. I worry that she will hit Sophie but her hits are precise and never come close to touching Sophie. Storm flinches with every hit.

"Mamma, Mamma." He says. She stops and raises her eyebrow. Storm passes Sophie to me before walking away from us whispering to his mother. Her expression changes and she looks to me and Sophie who is asleep in my arms. She nods her understanding and walks back towards us. I hope that she doesn't kick us out of her house. She gives me a big smile and asks.

"Would you like to stay for tea? I'm sure Bufera will like that and I presume the others will be joining us - they all love my cooking." She says with a wink. I smile back and nod my acceptance.

"Now Bufera, show her the bedrooms so the sweet little thing can sleep properly." She says looking at Sophie in my arms.

*^*^*

Storm ushers me through a door which leads to a small space with four doors leading off. He opens one to reveal a room. A double bed is pushed into one corner with a window at the foot of it. A chest of drawers and desk sit on an opposite wall. In the opposite corner to the bed is a big comfy looking chair. The floor is scattered with clothes and magazines. No posters or pictures adorn his walls. They are painted a simple white, with a feature wall of dark grey. The only colour in the room is the bed covers which are a dark blue. The room isn't that big, but it doesn't look crowded. Storm walks to the bed and pulls the covers back. I rest Sophie down on the bed causing her to curl up and roll over. I walk backwards and bump into Storm, who brings his arms around me.

"What was your mum saying?" I ask.

"Don't worry, she was telling me off for not being there for my 'child'." He says chuckling. I laugh along with him.

"So, Bufera huh?"

"Yeah, I was born Bufera, but I changed it to English as I was getting bullied for being different." He says.

"Did you like the name?" I ask.

"Yeah I did, when I was younger. I still have it on my birth certificate so I can always go back to Bufera. But Storm is me for now." He says.

"Come on, I'm sure mamma is waiting for us to come back." He says with a joking tone in his voice.

Hope you liked it!

So we learnt a bit more about Storm this update. :)

What did you think?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

CC ;)