Part 34

I start to relax, and when the bell goes, and Mrs Bernal tells us we can go, it feels like Tanner never came into my life. Sam pulls me after him to our next class, we walk to the next class and sit next to Trystan and Jinx who were already there.

"So as it is the weekend tomorrow, am I going to get to meet Sophie?" Sam asks raising an eyebrow. I smile and nod.

"I'm sure she would love to meet you two." I say looking at Jinx. "And she also wants to see you guys again." I say to Ryder and Trystan.

"We could all go to the beach?" Sam suggests. We agree on a time and place to meet tomorrow, before the bell goes for class to start.

*^*^*

I am now sat in Spanish with Storm, I told him about the plan for tomorrow and he says he can't wait.

"Are you going to be OK to go home?" He asks.

"I should be, my mum will probably have moved onto another boyfriend by now and they won't be home until late." I tell him. Storm smiles.

"I'll give you Ash's address just in case, he'll be there." He says writing on a scrap of paper. I thank him. The bells go signifying the start of the weekend, I am just walking out of the building and to my car when my phone rings. I pull it out and check the contact to see Chloe is calling. I answer it and bring it up to my ear.

"Sophie is OK!" She says before I ask. "I went to pick up Cody at the day care and I was running a bit late, when I arrived I saw Sophie still there so I decided to take her home with me. I was worried about Amanda so I knocked on the door to make sure she was OK and didn't get a response. I'm sorry Bambi, your mom is in hospital." She says. I stop. I don't know what to feel.

"What happened?" I ask slightly scared for the answer.

"She had an overdose." She tells me. She was taking drugs? She never took drugs. She drank and slept around but she stopped herself at drugs, she hated them. I feel numb. She was my mother and before the drinking started we were close. Chloe tells me the hospital she's in and says she'll look after Sophie for however long I need. I thank her before hanging up. I run to my car and get in. I am about to pull out when a knock on the passenger window stops me. I look over and see Jesse stood outside. I roll down the window so I can talk to him.

"Is everything OK? I saw you stop suddenly." He asks.

"Um... It's my mum she's in hospital as result of an overdose." I say.

"Do you want me to come as support?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah, thank you." I reply. He opens the door and gets in.

"I'm sure she will be OK." He tells me reassuringly. I nod in agreement, but tears start to fall.

"Come on, get out, I'll drive us." He says. I thank him. I get out and walk around the car meeting Jesse at the back. He reaches for my hand, squeezing it.

"I may think her boyfriend choices are bad, but she still is my mother." I tell him. He nods.

"I understand." He says. I walk the rest of the way around the car and get in. Mum, why? I think as we start off.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will/do you want to happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)