Part 39

I slowly become aware of my surroundings, and feel a slight breeze hitting my shoulders. I open my eyes slowly and am blinded by the bright morning sun. I close them quickly. I hear the guys chatting in the apartment and smile. I open my eyes again and blink a couple of times. I sit up and rub my eyes. I stand up and nearly trip over the blanket. Looking down, I try and get my foot unhooked from the blanket. Once I get free I look back up to see the guys were all standing in the doorway, to the balcony, watching me. I smile sheepishly.

"Morning!"  I say, looking down at the shirt I'm wearing and pulling it down further.

"Sleep well?" Ashton asks. I nod smiling.

"Come on, we need to go and meet Sam and Jinx soon. What do you want for breakfast?" Ryder asks me.

*^*^*^*

After breakfast I tell the guys that I will go home and get ready for the day, meeting them at the beach. I walk to where I parked the car, looking at everyone, remembering that I saw Tanner the night before. I unlock the car and get in. I start up the car and look in the rear-view mirror as I'm pulling. I hit the brake, bringing the car to a stop suddenly, when I see Tanner looking right at me. He smiles before walking with the crowd. I hear a car horn beeping, and I realise that it is aimed at me, for being halfway into the road. I pull the rest of the way out and start to make my way home. I thought last night was a coincidence that he used to his advantage, but now I'm starting to think otherwise. Is he following me? If so why?

I pull into the apartment complex, parking in front of the entrance. I enter and go up to our floor, knocking on Chloe's door.

"One minute!" I hear from inside the apartment. I hear footsteps approach the door, before the sound of the lock opening and the door opens. Chloe is wearing a dressing gown, with her blond hair in a wild mess. She looks at me with her eyes half closed behind her glasses.

"Did I wake you?" I ask. She smiles shaking her head, but I can see that she is supressing a yawn.

"Sophie, isn't awake yet. Do you want me to go and wake her?" She asks.

"No, let her sleep a bit longer. I'm just going to have a shower and get myself ready. I'll get the things we need together before I come and get her to get her ready." I inform her. "Did she sleep OK?" I add.

"It took her a while to get to sleep, but after that there were no problems." She lets me know. I smile. "How's your mom?" She asks. My smile disappears.

"She's alive. She's in the right place and is getting help." I tell her.

"That's good."

"Yeah. I won't be long." I walk to our apartment and open the door. I look around and see that bottles are strewn everywhere. I sigh and walk through the mess that is the living room and to my bedroom. I choose a pair of shorts and a vest for the day, and go to shower.

Once I have finished and am dressed. I try and find all the stuff we will need for the beach. I grab some towels and Sophie's swimming costume. I look to see if I have one, and find bikinis. I dig to the bottom and see that I have an all in one, that I haven't worn for a long time. I haven't been swimming since I have had Sophie and am self conscious about my body. I try it on, and it just fits. I put my clothes over the swimming costume and go to see if we have any sun lotion. I pack all of it into a bag, including sun lotion, and then go back to Chloe's place to get Sophie ready.

*^*^*^*

I arrive to find Sophie up and eating her breakfast.

"Mummy!" She says trying to get down from her chair. I walk up to her.

"How are you sweetie?" I ask, rubbing her hair.

"I missed you." She says hugging me.

"Ready for a fun time at the beach?" I ask Sophie, distracting her. We've only ever been to one beach, and that was back in England, so the weather wasn't that great. She loved it so much that she wanted to stay there forever. She claps her hands excitedly.

"Yeah!"

"Good. Finish your breakfast." I tell her. Cody, Chloe's son, was sat beside Sophie. I ruffle his hair, and he turns to me grinning.

"Bambi!" He says hugging me. I smile.

"Mummy I've finished." Sophie says. I clean her up, before picking her up.

"Thanks Chloe." I tell her as we walk out.

"No problem, you are always welcome here." She says pulling me into a side hug. "Have fun at the beach." She adds as she closes the door.

I walk us back to our apartment and quickly get Sophie ready. I forgot how cute the swimming costume was on her. I look at the time and see that we have an hour. I don't know how long it will take us to get there so I decide to leave now and wait for them there. I pick up the bags and walk out to the car. I situate Sophie in her seat before programming the beach into the GPS and setting off.

Here you go! Hope you liked it! The next part will be there beach day!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)