Part 40

It takes us nearly the whole hour for us to arrive at the beach. I get out of the car and take Sophie out of her car seat, putting her on my hip. I go to the boot and grab the bag with everything inside. I go to put it on my shoulder, when it is taken from me. I turn around ready to shout at the person who took it, to be relieved when I see it's Colton. He looks as if he belongs here. He's wearing a pair of turquoise swimming trunks, with sunglasses covering his eyes. A cord necklace hangs around his neck resting on his bare toned chest. I have to drag my eyes away to see that in his hand he carries a surfboard. It was a piece of art. The board was covered in varying shades of blues to whites to make it seem as if it was underwater, a sea bed at the bottom. As I look more closely I can make out a figure swimming at the top. I look back up at Colton and he shows me his white teeth in a big grin. With his blonde hair and tan he looked like a true surfer.

"Do you like it?" He asks. I nod.

"It's beautiful."

"Tell Brody you said that." Colton says winking. My mouth falls open.

"Brody did that?" I ask. Colton nods.

"Talented, isn't he?" I nod again.

"Yeah."

"Ready for a fun day?" Colton asks looking at Sophie. She nods her head vigorously. I smile. "What about you?" He asks. I nod my head like Sophie. Colton chuckles.

"Are the others here yet?" I ask.

"Everyone except for Sam and Jinx. I thought they were following me, but obviously not. They were just finishing unloading the car." He explains, looking around. I turn around, looking for them as well, and see that they are walking towards us. Storm looks mad and is trying to stay away from Brody, while Brody's smile was huge and keeps following Storm.

"Come on Storm, I don't understand why you won't wear it." Brody says. I look down and see why Storm is so keen to stay away from him. Brody is wearing a black vest that reads 'I'm with stupid' with an arrow pointing to his right, over a pair of bright green swimming trunks. As they get closer Sophie starts to wriggle in my arms, trying to get down. I put her down and Ashton, who is in a pair of orange and white Hawaiian swimming trunks and a orange vest, picks her up as she comes running towards them.

"Bambi, make him wear it." Brody whines, holding up a grey vest. This one reads 'I'm stoopid' with an arrow pointing up. I giggle.

"Bella ragazza don't let him persuade you." Storm says. He's wearing a pair of swimming trunks that go from light grey at the waistband to dark grey at the bottom, his shirt was off allowing me to see the extent of his tattoos, and on his back was a backpack.

"Couldn't you swap?" I ask.

"Yes! Let's do that!" Storm shouts.

"Sure! I don't care." Brody replies smiling, taking off his shirt and putting the other one on. Storm grabs the other one and puts it on. He goes to stand next to Brody.

"I've got to get a photo." Levi says, pulling his phone out of a pocket in his silver trunks, putting down the surfboards and bag he was carrying. "Say cheese!" Brody pulls a silly face as Levi takes the photo. Sophie giggles, now in Jesse's arms, who was wearing a pair of light brown trunks and a white vest. Trystan and Ryder walk up beside me. The only difference between them was the colour of their trunks, and the scar above Trystan's right eye. They were both wearing light grey vests, and a pair of sunglasses. Ryder was wearing a pair of red trunks whereas his brother was wearing a pair of trunks which were a mix of blues.

"Was everything OK when you got home?" Ryder asks. I smile and nod.

"No one was there, it looked like no one had been there since my mum had been admitted into hospital." I tell them.

"Good, know that you are always welcome at ours." They say. I thank them as my phone starts to ring. It was Sam. I smile and answer it.

"Hi."

"Hey girl, I'm just phoning to let you know that we should be there in about 5 minutes... Jesus Jinx! That's if we haven't crashed. So, if we're not there in 10 minutes send a search party." Sam says sounding more scared as he talks. "I'm riding back with you! Don't make me get into her car again!"

I hear Jinx shouting in the background.

"That's not fair! I'm just trying to catch up for lost time because someone wouldn't wake up." I chuckle.

"It's not my fault that I'm not a morning person." Sam replies. I shake my head in amusement.

"We'll see you soon."

"Ok, bye." He says before hanging up. I relay to the guys that they should be here soon.

"Who will?" Sophie asks looking worried.

"Sam and Jinx, they're friends and very nice, sweetie." I reply smiling reassuringly. Sophie looks slightly less worried but puts her head onto Jesse's shoulder.

"Your mom's right, promise." Jesse says. We only have to stand around for a minute longer when a car comes towards us, swinging into a parking spot. The door opens seconds later and Sam comes tumbling out. He was wearing a pair of blue trunks with pink whales on, under a white top.

"Never again!" He says, putting his hand up to his chest. Jinx gets out of the driver side and looks at Sam over the top of the car, pointing at him.

"You drive next time then!" She says. She had on a purple bikini top and a pair of denim shorts. Her sunglasses were pushed up onto her head. Sam reached back into the car and bought out a massive teddy. My eyes widen. He looks around and sees us all looking at them. He starts towards us.

"So, where's my goddaughter?" He asks.

"You're going to scare her." Jinx says walking beside him. Jesse puts Sophie down and she walks towards me, holding onto my leg. Her eyes follow the bear. I take her hand and walk her to Sam and Jinx.

"Sophie, this is Sam and Jinx." I tell her. She looks between them, before walking closer to me. "She's shy around new people." I explain.

"Well, I found this huge bear in need of a home, I can't look after him, I wondered if you could for me." Sam asks gently looking at Sophie. Sophie smiles.

"Me?" She asks quietly.

"If you want him." Sophie nods, walking towards him. Sam gives it to her, causing her to look tiny compared to it. She squeezes it in a hug.

"What do you say, sweetie?" I remind her.

"Thank you!" She says happily. She lets go of the bear to go and hug Sam. Sam smiles hugely and picks her up in a hug. He throws a triumphant smile in Jinx's direction.

"See I told you she'd love it."

"Thanks both of you, she's going to love you for life now." I tell him.

"I'm just going to put it in the car." I tell them going to pick the bear up.

"No! I want to keep it!" Sophie objects.

"Sweetie, you can have it when we go home, you don't want it to get dirty do you?" I ask. She still looks upset, but shakes her head no. I pick it up and take it back to the car putting it in the back. I close the door and look up , getting ready to lock the car when I see something that has me freezing. Tanner. This can't be a coincidence, it's the third time in two days and he's looking directly at me.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!

Is Bambi going to tell the others about the last two times she saw Tanner?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that;))

CC ;)