Part 48

I don't recognise the older man standing before me, but it looks the guys do, and vice versa. The man holds a big grin on his face as he surveys the room, his blue and green eyes lingering on Sophie for a moment. I look around at all of the guys, who are looking like they don't know what to do, except for Sam and Jinx who are confused like me. I wait for someone to say anything, and when they don't I sigh, getting up. Jesse looks like he's going to stop me, but resists. I walk up to the guy and bite back my nervousness, when I doubt what I am doing, however I feel like I should introduce myself.

"I see that you know the guys, and they didn't look like they were going to introduce us, so I thought I would. I'm Bambi, and who are you?"

"So, you're the girl they're all raving about." He states, looking me over.

"Excuse me?" I ask befuddled.

"So, I guess I'm not important enough for you to know about me." He jokes. He extends his hand. "The name is Gerard Milton. However, everyone calls me The Big GM, so you can call me that."

"No one calls you that, however hard you try and make us." Brody mutters.

"Aw. Well it was worth a try." Gerard responds with a scratch to his brown hair, and a chuckle.

"Who are you? Are you Levi's dad?" I query.

"The last time I checked, I wasn't." He replies, a cheerful smile stretching his well aged face. I giggle slightly, still waiting for his answer. He gives a calculating look around the room before returning his dissimilar eyes back to me.

"I'm a doctor." He replies simply, as if it's meant to give me all the answers. Even more confused I ask another question, hoping to clear it up more.

"And how do you know the guys?" I ask. A look of approval and amusement comes into his eyes.

"That story is for another day. I can see why they like you so much though." He lets me know. I was about to follow my line of questioning further when Gerard's attention is moved onto someone else. Sophie has jumped down from where she was sitting with Colton and Brody, and is walking up to me. She grabs my leg when she's close enough. I brush my fingers over the top of her head, silently telling her it's OK. Gerard crouches down to Sophie's level, with the same cheerful smile on his face.

"You must be Sophie." He states kindly. Sophie nods.

"Mummy, where's Levi?" She asks.

"We'll go and see him in a minute, sweetie." I assure her. She begins to fiddle with her shirt.

"You worried about him?" Gerard asks gently. Sophie nods more vigorously this time.

"Well, I've known them all for a long time, and I know how strong they are. Levi will be OK. Shall we go and see if we can find him?" He offers, extending a hand.

"OK." Sophie replies, taking his hand. She looks back to me extending her hand. I smile gently.

"I'll be right behind you, sweetie." She looks hesitant. I nod at her, reassuring her and telling her it's alright. Gerard looks around the room again, his eyes landing on the big teddy bear which is sat next to Storm.

"Is that yours?" He asks pointing towards it. Sophie nods with a big grin. Storm picks it up, extending it towards Sophie. Sophie lets go of Gerard's hand, running over to take the teddy from Storm.

"Thank you Stormy!"

"You're welcome mia piccola sole." He replies smiling warmly at Sophie. For the whole time, Gerard's curious gaze watches their interaction. I watch the guys as Sophie walks back to Gerard happily. They all look like they have relaxed since Gerard first entered the room, but are all still watching his every move. It's only when he has left the room that they eventually relax fully, some of them let out a breath. It's a weird atmosphere, it's not that they don't like him, it seems like quite the opposite, or are scared of him, it's more like they are scared of what he could say or do.

"Who was that guy?" Sam asks. "He was cool."

"He likes to think he is." Colton replies.

"Who is he to you all?" I inquire.

"He's our doctor." Trystan replies carefully, looking around at the others. All of theirs?

"He said there was a long story..." I trail off.

"He loves to be dramatic." Trystan responds with a shrug.

"Come on bella ragazza, I'm sure Levi is wondering where you are." Storm tells me standing up. I want to stay and try to get more answers (like why would they act around their doctor like that, if he was just their doctor?) but then my worry for Levi takes over. I follow Storm out of the room, some of the others following behind me. Jinx walks up until she's beside me, linking our arms.

We eventually arrive at the room Levi is in. Storm opens the door for us, and we enter to see Sophie on the bed with Levi who is sitting up. Levi is wiping Sophie's face, which has tears running down it.

"I'm alright. The doctors made me all better." Levi tells her, he catches my eye in the doorway and smiles indicating the chair next to the bed. I walk over to it and fall down onto the soft cushion, not knowing what to say. It's like my body is on autopilot and is going through the motions. Sophie adjusts herself slightly causing Levi to wince.

"Be careful sweetie, he's going to be quit sore." I instruct her.

"I'll make it all better." She says leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek, making a smacking sound with her lips. Levi smiles softly.

"All better." He assures her. Sophie, who is now happier, starts to play with the big teddy which is on the bed with them. After the others all ask him how he is in their own ways, Gerard starts to talk to Levi about his medication and what the doctors have said, making me tune out. The guys all start to talk around the room about different things, but my gaze doesn't waver from Levi. I watch his every move trying to prove to myself that he's OK, even though I have the doctor's, and his, assurance. After a while, Gerard declares that we should let him sleep soon.

"Wait, before you go, can I have a moment with Bambi? Alone?" Levi asks. I look around at the others, who all smile and nod their agreement. Slowly they all depart from the room, leaving only Levi and I.

Here you go! Hope you liked it! I am so sorry for the long wait. Whenever I would sit to write this part, something would always creep up.

I don't see many more parts for this book, but you never know. Don't worry! I have a sequel planned. :)

Who do you think Gerard is? Is he just their doctor?

What do you think of him?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)