Part 43

He holds the surfboard steady. He hands me a small rope with a Velcro clasp on the end.

"Tie that on your left ankle if you can." Colton says. I take it from him and lift my foot up strapping it on.

"OK, lie on it on your front." He instructs. I look down at the surfboard before looking back at him.

"I'm going to fall off." I tell him.

"You won't. I've got you." He says looking me right in the eyes. I smile and put my hands on the board, pushing. I wait for the board to dip, but it stays where it is. I shimmy myself onto it, lying on my front as instructed.

"You would usually practice on dry land before, but I thought we would do it in the water so you can get the feel of it." He looks at me on the board.

"Move up a bit." He tells me. I do as he says and await his next instruction. Colton goes onto explain that when I see the wave to start paddling forwards, without looking back. When I feel the push of the wave, and am ready, I push myself up and then onto my feet.

"Practise while you are still, and then you can have a go with the waves. It will take a couple of goes for you to stand up." He finishes. Colton moves so he has a better grip of the surfboard.

"Whenever you're ready..." He tells me smiling. I bite my lip and start to paddle. It feels weird that I'm not going anywhere. I let out a small laugh. I push myself up into a press-up and try to get onto my feet. The board wobbles and I lose my balance. I throw my arms out to try and stay up. I regain my balance. Colton tells me to try again and gives me tips on how to get up without falling. This time I am able to get up onto my feet.

"Ready to give it a go?" He asks after I have got up onto my feet without falling.a couple of times. I nod. He moves away from the board when I am lying on my front.

"Whenever you're ready." He tells me over the crashing sounds of the waves. I look behind me and at the oncoming waves. I see one that I think I can manage and start to paddle. The wave catches up to me and starts to push me towards the beach. I push up on my hands and go to put a foot down. Crash. The waves envelop me and I get flung around like clothing in a washing machine. I blindly swim towards, what I hope is, the surface. I gasp as I feel the breeze on my face. I open my eyes to see my vision obscured by my hair. I push it out of the way and see Colton swimming through the water.

"You OK?" He asks as he gets close to me. I nod.

"Want another go?" he asks. I grin and nod again.

*^*^*

It took me about ten more tries to finally stand up, albeit for only 3 seconds. When I stood up I was so shocked that I did, that I forgot all the things Colton told me to do. I hear cheers from the shore before I fall back into the waves. I try a couple more times before giving up. I swim to Colton.

"That was amazing!' I exclaim. He grins. "You have to surf for me now." I tell him. His eyes light up even more.

"Alright."He says. He gets onto his surfboard and starts to swim out further into the waves. He turns the board back around and catches the next wave. He stands up with one smooth motion, and stays stood up. He swerves towards the shore, riding the waves. His head turns to me, and he winks. I clap my hands together. I look back to the beach and see Sophie is in Jesse's arms. Colton stops near me.

"You were amazing!" I gush. He smirks. We swim back towards beach, and I pick the board up as we walk back to the group.

"You were great out there." Ryder tells me walking closer. I bite my lip, blushing.

"I fell off every time." I reply.

"Daddy, can I have a go?" A little girl asks. It takes me a moment to realise it is Sophie.

Sorry for the long wait!! I started to post on Radish with some of my other books (so go and find them if you want. I will eventually be posting this book on there when it is completed), and then I went on vacation soon after. I have been writing all I ca. :) I promise that the next part won't be long.

What will their reactions be to Sophie? ;)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)