Part 47

I'm so sorry for the long wait. I've been writing a long update!! So here it is!!

Time seems to freeze. I want to move my feet, but they seem to be ignoring my commands. I feel like I'm getting shorter, because everything around me is rising up. When I feel arms come under me I realise that it's not because I'm getting shorter, it's because I have fallen towards the floor. My gaze is unfocused as I look up at the person holding me up.

Half of me doesn't understand why I have reacted so badly to the sound, anything could have happened. The other half of me pipes up giving an explanation, I have grown to care about all of the guys and it's the fear of one of them being hurt that has me in a wreck.

Jesse pulls me up onto my feet, making sure I am stable. He looks my face over, before clicking his fingers in front of my face. This causes my sight to refocus and my mind to gather itself together. I start to hear screams. I blink rapidly before looking back to my car. Before I can get a glimpse of what is happening Jesse steps in front of me. I look around for Ashton but he is no longer here. He must be with the others.

"We have to go and see if they're OK." I rush out.

"First of all, are you OK?" He asks. I nod.

"I'll be fine, they won't if they've been shot." I tell him, looking around. I see everyone staring horrified at my car, some of them are running away, while others are moving closer, to get a better look. "Please Jesse." I plead with him. He sighs, and moves out of my way.

He reaches for my hand. I start to walk forwards when he pulls me back by my hand. I narrow my eyes back at him.

"Whatever we find, everything will be OK. We'll deal with whatever happens and pull through it." He tells me walking so he is beside me. I breathe in shakily, squeezing his hand. My mind goes to Sophie, Sam and Jinx, wondering what they will think. I start to pull Jesse with me as I walk quickly towards my car. As I get closer, I see the guys in a frenzy. My heart starts to beat quicker. I let go of Jesse's hand and run the rest of the way.

I arrive at the car to see Ryder and Ashton leaning into the car. I flick my eyes around the scene taking it all in. Trystan is on the phone, with Colton nearby on his own phone. Storm is running around the car and back towards the beach. Brody sees me, he runs towards me pulling me back the way I came. He looks to Jesse and gives him a slight shake of the head. I quickly count the guys I saw and realise Levi wasn't one of them. I look to where Ryder and Ashton are leaning into the car and see it is on the passenger's side, where Levi took my place. I hear a scream, and realise it is coming from myself. Tears start to stream down my face, when I hear sirens getting closer and closer. Colton is off the phone, and I realise he must have called them. Trystan however is still on his phone. I look back to Brody, choking out the big question.

"What happened, is Levi OK?"

"We're not sure yet, he was shot in his left thigh after a scuffle with the gun." He lets me know.

"Oh my god." I let out breathily. "Where's Tanner?" I ask, feeling anger start to replace my worry and sadness. Brody looks down.

"He got away. We tried to stop him, but he still had the gun." He explains, moving his eyes so he is looking at Jesse.

"I'm going to see him." I tell them, walking around him and towards the car. Brody runs backwards and in front of me.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It's not a pretty sight." He tells me. I stare at him for a moment before carrying on around him. I run to the passenger side, and see that Ryder and Ashton are trying to give him medical help. I look down at his leg, and see that is bleeding profusely. Suddenly all the breath is knocked out of my body. I bring a shaky hand up to my mouth, I haven't known them for long but I feel like I've known them for an eternity. It's probably because they've helped me through some tough times. Levi looks up and sees me. He gives me a weak smile. Ryder looks over his shoulder, he motions that I can take his place. As he moves out of the way, I squeeze past him and fall onto my knees next to Levi. He reaches down for my hand. I clutch it with both hands.