Part 33

TW: Mentions of Rape

When the bell goes for the end of lunch I jump. The boys have been telling me that it won't be like my old school because they will support me, but I'm still jumpy. If another student walks towards me, totally innocently, I flinch away, or if I see someone talking or whispering I wait for them to call out insults at me. I start to feel like I did at my old school. The others went their own ways giving me smiles to hide their worry for me.

"Oh look the whore!"

"The child is who I feel sorry for, growing up with a bitch who can't keep her legs closed."

"I bet half this school are the potential fathers. Maybe even some of the teachers. Is that how you get your good marks?"

A hand comes down onto my shoulder. It was gentle but I still flinch away.

"Bambi... We're here." Levi says gently. I blink and realise that I am still in LA.

"Sorry." I say.

"What for?"

"Spacing out on you."

"It's OK." He replies with a reassuring smile. Sam walks through the door to the class with me and Levi following. We sit down in our seats and I watch the door waiting for the teacher. More students enter and then finally the teacher. She walks to her desk and starts to call out names. She doesn't get far before the door opens and Tanner walks in. I forgot he was in this class. I sink down in my seat, but his eyes find me.  He gives me an evil grin before walking towards his seat, ignoring the teacher. I bite my lip. My eyes keep flickering from the front to Tanner, waiting for him to strike. Tanner leans over to a friend sat beside him and his lips move, but it is too faint for me to hear. The friend laughs before looking back at me. I shift uncomfortably, being transported back three years ago.

It's the Monday after the party. I begged with my mum to not let me go to school, knowing I would see Jack, but she insisted I go. When I arrive, I walk through the halls waiting for Jack to appear or someone to look at me and know what happened. I get to Tutor and no one has said anything, and Jack hasn't appeared, but I know I will see him now. I walk to the back and sit down in a different seat than usual. I watch the door knowing Jack will be here any minute. Paula, my best friend comes walking in happily and oblivious to what happened to me. She sees me at a different seat and walks up to where I am sitting, confused.

"Why are you not sitting in your usual seat?" She asks.

"I felt like sitting here." I reply. She shrugs and sits down in the seat next to mine. Paula starts to talk about how great the party was, but I just tune her out, not wanting to remember. A minute later Jack walks through the door. I shrink down in my chair, avoiding his eyes. Paula sees and remarks on it.

"Did you two fight, or something?" She asks.

"Kind of." I say.

"Well you both were pretty close at the party." She say raising her eyebrows. I look away. The teacher arrives and I look up to the front. A movement catches my attention at the corner of my eye. I flicker my eyes over and see Jack leant over and talking to one of his friends, and with that one whisper my future was written.

"Miss Raye!" The teacher shouts, sounding annoyed.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I called your name countless times, please pay attention." She says annoyed. Levi looks at me concerned.

"Shorty if Tanner squeaks, he'll have me to deal with. I'll be behind Levi and the others but it will still be me he has to deal with." I smile at Sam in thanks. I take a deep breath in and put a smile on my face, looking back to the teacher. I can't show Tanner, that he is getting to me. Levi moves his hand over both of mine on the desk and squeezes them, giving me an encouraging smile. I am not going to let my life be ruined again by rumors, Tanner can say what he wants. I'm ready for him.

Here you go!! Sorry again about the wait. Won't be long for the next update!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that. ;))

CC ;)