Part 22

I'm sorry it's so short; as some of you probably know from reading my other books my dad broke his collarbone a couple of days ago and I have had to help my mum around the house more and this is all I have been able to write, it may also be a bit longer until my next update as a result. :)

We were sat in the cafeteria at lunch, talking and laughing, when my phone starts to ring. I look down at the caller ID and see it's Sophie's day care. I furrow my eyebrows and look up at the others.

"Sorry... I have to take this." I say pressing the answer button. They all nod their understanding.

"Hello?" I say into the speaker.

"Hi, it's Miss Fields, I was wondering if anyone was coming for Sophie?" She says, I can hear her judging me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I say putting my hand on my forehead, closing my eyes.

"So..." She says dragging the vowel sound out, impatiently.

"Let me make some calls to see who can come and collect her, and I'll call you back."

"Fine, but make it quick, I want to get home." She says before hanging up. I roll my eyes and sigh. I scroll through my contacts until I get to my mum's contact.

"Everything OK?" Ashton asks.

"I forgot to sort someone out to collect Sophie." I tell him before pressing mum's contact and bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Mum-"

"Bambi, is that you?" My mum asks over the background noise of a bar.

"Yes, Mum-"

"How are you?" She asks happily.

"I'm, fine." Before she can interrupt I carry on. "Are you sober?"

"Yes." She says as if it was obvious.

"No, you're not mum, don't worry about it." I say sighing.

"Bambi-" I hang up before she can continue. I drop my phone and put my head in my hands for a moment before picking my mobile back up, and scrolling to Mrs Wade's contact.

"Mrs...Chloe, Are you free to pick Sophie up?" I ask.

"Hi Bambi, I'm so sorry but I'm currently busy." She replies. I sigh.

"That's fine, sorry for interrupting." I say.

"That's alright, feel free to contact me whenever." She says.

"Thank you, I have to go now."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and drop it onto the table again.

"I'm guessing you couldn't find anyone." Levi says. I nod. I look at the time and see it's only five minutes until the next period.

"I'm probably going to have to pick her up myself and forget the rest of the day." I say rubbing my face. I don't mind going to pick her up and missing the day, just annoyed at myself for being irresponsible and not sorting someone out to pick her up. Jesse pulls me into his side, telling me it'll be alright.

"I should go and get her now... I'll see you tomorrow." I get up to go but stop when I realise I came with the boys.

"Don't worry, I'll give you a lift." Storm says getting up and taking his keys out. I smile at him in thanks and say goodbye to the others again. They all reply with their own goodbyes, Sam adding that he still needs to meet Sophie. As we walk out of the building I take my phone out and call back the day care.

"I'm coming to pick her up." I say.

What did you think?

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

CC ;)