Part 35

I look out at the hospital when we get there, I start to shake. The last time I was in hospital was when I gave birth to Sophie and I don't regret it, it was one of the best moments of my life, but it was the bad history behind it. Jesse grabs my hand.

"I'm here." He tells me. I nod, knowing if I speak my voice will crack. I open the door and get out waiting for Jesse. I look around me. Some faces are happy whereas some are worried. I don't know what to be. Happy that my mum could get help or worried that she is on drugs. I don't even know if she is alive. I don't feel myself falling, but Jesse catches me before I hit the ground.

"I've got you." He says. I follow Jesse without realising what I am doing. We enter the sleek building. Nurses and doctors are going in all directions including visitors and patients. Jesse walks me to a desk. A kind looking, older woman looks up at us. Her eyes go to me worried.

"How can I help you?" She asks giving us a smile.

"We're here to see a Miss Raye." Jesse says.

"Are you family?" She asks.

"I am." I manage. The lady taps some keys before looking back to us with a sympathetic look.

"She's being treated, you can wait in the waiting room. A doctor will let you know when she can have visitors. Are you OK sweetie?" She asks me. I nod and give her a smile. She points us in the direction of the waiting room. We both walk slowly towards the room. When we enter it is empty. I fall into the closest seat, resting my head back on the wall behind me. Jesse sits down next to me. He looks around the waiting room, looking dazed.

"Are you OK?" I ask him. He jumps.

"Um." He says clearing his throat. "Yeah, Hospitals are not one of my favorite places." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"It's a long story for another time. I don't want to upset you even more." He says. I nod, not wanting to push it.

*^*^*

I don't know how long we were sitting there in a comfortable silence before the door opened. I jumped up expecting to see a doctor but saw the rest of the guys. I look back to Jesse, who I had seen on his phone earlier, who gives me a wink. I turn back to the guys.

"Thanks for being here. I know you probably have better things to do." I say looking down.

"We don't. You need us, I know I wouldn't be anywhere else." Colton says, sitting down. I blush slightly. Ashton comes to sit next to me.

"Have you heard anything yet?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Don't worry. I'm sure everything is fine." I smile at him in thanks. I'm glad I have great friends to get me through this. A couple of minutes later we are interrupted by the door opening again. This time it is a doctor. I stand up. The doctor looks to be mid 40, his dark hair greying at the temples. I look to his blue eyes trying to find the news he is about to tell me.

"Miss Raye?" He asks. I nod. "Your mother is fine." I let out a sigh of relief. "We had to pump her stomach, as she had so much in her system."

"What did she have in her system?" I ask.

"Heroin." He replies. My eyes widen. I blink a couple of times.

"Can I see her?" I manage.

"Of course. She's unconscious and will be for a short while longer, but yes." He says giving me a kind smile. I thank him and tell the boys I would like to see her by myself before following the doctor down the hall and to a room. I enter and hear the beep of machines. I look to the centre and see my mum lying still and peaceful looking on the bed. I walk up beside her. The doctor tells me he will give me some space and leaves. I sit in the chair beside the bed. I let my head fall into my hands.

"Mum. Why? Why do this to your body?" I ask into my hands. I lift my head up and watch the rise and fall of her chest. I nearly lost that. I take my mum's hand and squeeze it, sitting there for a minute. I can't remember the last time I saw my mum sober or without a hangover. She was so carefree and happy. I sit there smiling at all the memories that we had. The sound of the door opening makes me look up. Ryder is stood there. He walks in closing the door behind him. He gives a sad smile when he sees my mum, before walking to me.

"How are they?" I ask.

"Um, OK, Storm doesn't enjoy hospitals same as Jesse." He says. Of course, his sister and father.

"How are you doing?" He asks me.

"Good, I suppose. There's nothing I can do. I just have to wait." He looks like he doesn't believe me but doesn't object.

"Is Sophie OK?" He asks.

"She doesn't know and I don't want her to. She's with a neighbour." I tell him.

"Do you want me to call them?" He asks.

"Yes. Could you ask Chloe to look after Sophie for the night for me? And tell her what's going on. She was the one to find her." I say, looking back to my mum. He nods, lifting my hand and rubbing his thumb over the back. I give him Chloe's number, before he walks out of the room. I shift into a more comfortable position, waiting for my mum to wake up.

Here you go!! Hope you liked it! Sorry for the long wait I was finishing up Hades' Daughter!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)